Can you fit 3 car seats in the back seat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Can you fit 3 car seats in the back seat?

I drive my daily 110 mile commute in my 03 Honda Insight and love it! What I don't love is the horrible mileage we get in my wife's minivan.

Does anyone have experience with fitting 3 car seats in the back of an Accord?

My 3 sons, 17 mo, 4 yrs and 6 yrs are all in Britax car seats which are absolutely fantastic,, but take up a fair amount of space. I could barely fit them in my 98 Audi A8 that I sold when I got my Insight.

Before I waste my time treking to the dealer to try and fit the seats in an Accord Hybrid, I figured I'd check in here first.

TIA

Old 07-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Can you fit 3 car seats in the back seat?

We've had 2 car seats in the back for grandkids, and 2 work fine.
I do not think there is room for a third, however.
Lewis

Old 07-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Can you fit 3 car seats in the back seat?

I only have 1 child almost 3 but we have both the Marathon or Wizard depending on the fabric you have on it, only in the forward position BTW. Now we have the Parkway Express for him.

Based on the age of your kids I am guessing you have 1 Marathon and 2 of the Parkway Express. If you have 2 of the bigger convertibles (Marathon/Wizard) then that is all you are going to get in the backseat. But you if have 1 convertible and 2 boosters then it might be doable, covertible on the outside, but tight. Depending on how big your 17mo old is he might be ready to go booster and then you should definitely be ok.

The best way is to always go and try it out so you know for sure.