Coming around again

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 02:52 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Coming around again

Here is a Test I did to see how far I could drive on 1-Tank of 87 octane gas:

36.4 MPG and 660.8 Miles on 1-Tank of 87-Octane Gas !!!!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Coming around again

Originally Posted by houseofcharm
So 25mpg in town's not realistic? The V-sux accord can't manage 20-21 I'd guess so it still's got to do better than that and still embarrassing it from a stoplight...

And what does the 30-31 mpg represent on this site MPG postings?
I think 25 mpg in town is realistic. You can see up to 27mpg in town or down to 21 mpg. It all depends upon how you drive. I punch the accelerator hard enough to pull ahead of almost all cars at stoplights, yet I do not take off like my tail is on fire. I do try to maximize coasting time as I approach red light. I see 24-25 mpg in town on average and 27 mpg from time to time. I have also seen 19 mpg in winter when temperature was down to 7-10 deg I can only get 15% ethanol mix around here and I have noticed my mpg goes up by 1 at least when I can fill up non-ethanol mix. I have seen as high as 42 mpg on highway over a stretch of 150 mile doing 72mph average. On my recent road trip of 1900 miles that included stop and go through many national parks and small towns, many state and county roads and long stretches of interstate as well, I got 34.2 mpg from my 2006 HAH. Temperature over this trip ranged from 80-98 deg and a/c was on the whole time.

I also own a 2006 Accord V6 sedan with M/T and it manages around 20-21 mpg in town and 31-32 on the highway. It does drop down to 15-16 mpg in town over very cold winter months.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

So it will do about 5-7mpg city better than my Mark 8's-a substantial increase %agewise: 25-30%. And the mark will do about 25-28 at 70ish on flat road so again a big increase in mpgs. It makes a sensible buy even compared to a G35 at 19/28mpg. The HAH is another car that I like but don't love but is a sensible choice.

Keep you posted

Old 08-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Enthusiast

I agree with the poster who said that if you're getting this for better gas mileage in the city, you may be disappointed. I do enjoy my 05 HAH when on the highway. It always seems like a game when driving it to get the best mpg.... the best ever segment for me was from Tahoe back to SF... granted that it's mostly downhill from Tahoe to about Sacramento (got ~50MPG on that segment) but dropped to ~40 by the time I rolled across the Bay Bridge. It handles well but not as well (or quiet) as my wife's older 01' TL. Here in SF, traffic isn't that bad but the hills do kill my MPG. I usually average 15~17 mpg in the city due to steep hills (and stop signs). On the 50 mile commute to/from work, I'll usually average out to ~32.6 MPG. 40 miles is on highway (37mpg) and about 10 is in the city (15mpg).

Old 08-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Deposit on!

I took an offer on my fokls estate today so finally pulling the trigger on the HAH was small potatoes.

Hope to have it in hand in a about 2 weeks when we get back in town, maybe sooner.

She's been trying to sell this, albeit low key, for a year. What's up with resale of these things? Almost as hard as orig. selling them on Honda lots.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:58 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Coming around again

Deposit on!

I took an offer on my fokls estate today so finally pulling the trigger on the HAH was small potatoes.

Hope to have it in hand in a about 2 weeks when we get back in town, maybe sooner.

She's been trying to sell this, albeit low key, for a year. What's up with resale of these things? Almost as hard as orig. selling them on Honda lots.
Jeff,

Congrats and enjoy your almost new HAH

Old 08-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Well, lost the offer on the house but got the HAH yesterday and had it out today. The dash meter reads 34.5mpg, it has some weird driveline idiosyncrasies that'll need getting used to, will need some suspension and rack bushing work but overall not a bad ride.

I noticed afterwards of course, that one tire is a Yoko, some chops/crazing in the front bumper cover and one loose mudflap. On the + side, there's a remote starer she had installed, a Toyota 7/100k warranty and a Mr dent insurance policy.

Anyone done any mods to the suspension?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: Coming around again

Well, lost the offer on the house but got the HAH yesterday and had it out today. The dash meter reads 34.5mpg, it has some weird driveline idiosyncrasies that'll need getting used to, will need some suspension and rack bushing work but overall not a bad ride.

I noticed afterwards of course, that one tire is a Yoko, some chops/crazing in the front bumper cover and one loose mudflap. On the + side, there's a remote starer she had installed, a Toyota 7/100k warranty and a Mr dent insurance policy.

Jeff,

Well you pulled the trigger and I hope the HAH does a good job for you.

Regarding Mods to the Suspension .......

Now speaking of Mods.

Here is just one to the 2008 Bullitt Mustang.

Name:  rotors12.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  100.0 KB

Name:  rotors43.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  89.9 KB

Name:  baerplus1upgraderotors82.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  74.9 KB

Nope, No-Mods here Pal just the way I received it from the dealer.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-25-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 PM
hypermiler wannabe

Congratulations, hope you really like it. I bought a Certified '06 w/ 30K miles on it just a year ago. I've got 52K on it today. One-year average MPG is 34 and I'm very happy.

So for suspension mods, yes I've lowered mine. I bought a set of Tein-H springs and kept the stock shocks. My local garage is managed by a retired Honda-trained mechanic, so we discussed at length if these springs would hold the Hybrid's additional weight. I believe we are about 1" lower than the standard v6 Accord, but I'm pretty happy w/ the change. Lower looks better and I *think* it gets me a 1 or 2 mpg better than stock.

Here are a couple of pics; I just happened upon a stock HAH in the grocery parking lot.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...282006%29.html

Old 08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Coming around again

Originally Posted by davidwells
Congratulations, hope you really like it. I bought a Certified '06 w/ 30K miles on it just a year ago. I've got 52K on it today. One-year average MPG is 34 and I'm very happy.

So for suspension mods, yes I've lowered mine. I bought a set of Tein-H springs and kept the stock shocks. My local garage is managed by a retired Honda-trained mechanic, so we discussed at length if these springs would hold the Hybrid's additional weight. I believe we are about 1" lower than the standard v6 Accord, but I'm pretty happy w/ the change. Lower looks better and I *think* it gets me a 1 or 2 mpg better than stock.

Here are a couple of pics; I just happened upon a stock HAH in the grocery parking lot.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...282006%29.html
David,

Looks Great to me.

Oh, and I am around Franklin, TN.

Quick Reply: Coming around again

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands