My brother is hooked!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default My brother is hooked!

Yesterday my brother visited and asked me to accompany him on a Prius test drive he had arranged. I drove him to the dealership, and we drove the Prius for a good while. He was impressed with the design and performance, and the high mileage. After the drive, I suggested we visit a nearby Honda dealer and drive an Accord Hybrid. I know it is hard to compare these two cars because their foci are so different (high mpg vs. luxury). He was sold on the Accord as soon as he sat in it. He is getting rid of his Toyota Land Cruiser (15 mpg at best) and switching to the Accord on Monday!
For him, the change will double his mpg without sacrificing the comfort level he is used to. Now, I just have to get one myself! I am planning on making a purchase early next month.

Old 04-24-2005, 09:07 AM
cmw
Enthusiast
Default Re: My brother is hooked!

Your brother will love the HAH. My wife bought one last month and we're really enjoying it. The gas mileage is not quite as good as I had expected, but she does have a lead foot and she's still learning how to drive for better fuel economy. Overall so far, my only complaint has been the lack of a spare tire, and that problem will be solved this week.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Contributor ($)

It's great he's switching.

...and switching to the Accord on Monday
Does your dealer actually have HAH in stock, or will it have to be ordered?

Old 04-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Enthusiast

Yes. The dealer has a Desert Mist w/o Nav in stock. I want one with Nav, and he says he may be able to get one for me in a few weeks.