New AH owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default New AH owner

Hi All

I am a new AH owner and new to this web site. I am on my 2nd tank of gas and I am wondering if the 23-24 mpg I am getting (all city driving) is good or if there is anything I can do to get to the mpg that it seems other AH drivers are getting. I have tried keeping my foot off the gas peddal but after driving an old slow suv the acceleration of the AH is just so fun!

Old 05-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New AH owner

I would like to insist that Accord is the best sedan car on earth in term of power, reliability, durability and excellent track record. I am so serious when I make this statement. I currently own 4 Accords excluding my Accord LX 92 and the Civic 86 I gave them away a while ago and they still run.

My HAH is a superb, A plus vehicle. No need to compliment more. Today, I drove my son's Accord V6 EX 02 on the highway. I felt so happy, so comfortable, so satisfied. It ran so smoothly, effortless, so nice, so "accord" with its owner at the steering wheel. I am so **** serious. Even, my Accord 95 EX I4 with a second engine also gave me exhilarating feeling when I drive it. Honda makes better and better vehicles. I owe Honda engineers great appreciation and admiration for their talents to make me, a Honda fan, so happy about my fleet of Accord. Will buy another Accord Hybrid when my young son graduates from high school and I will have to transfer my current HAH to him as I promised to him.. Just love to create a "justified opportunity" to buy another new car.

My HAH always gives me 30 MPG for combined driving and 38+ MPG for highway drive. Now, my poor job is paying the big gas bills after I added my "big-heavy feet-little son" in my auto insurance policy. I have been in Crazy Love with my fleet of beloved Accord.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Site Founder

lol, Viet, you didn't answer his quesiton at all!

Elle, you can find our Accord Hybrid data here: https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/...da-accord.html
We also have an article about achieving the highest fuel efficiency possible on a Civic Hybrid. Though it isn't the same vehicle, they both use Integrated Motor Assist and the instructions should work for the Accord Hybrid as well. https://www.greenhybrid.com/learn/ar...fficiency.html

Good luck!

Old 05-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Elle,

My answer is: Be easy on gas pedal, never "floor" it, no abrupt braking/ accelarating. Keep minimum extra things inside the HAH, firmly keep the brake at stop lights (no engine on and off repeatedly and unnecessarily) until traffic lights turn green, drive nicely to break-in the engine.

My HAH gets only a little bit over 3,000 miles. Yet I routinely get the EPA's MPG (30 MPG mixed driving). Expect to get more soon. I do not drive it much. So it is considered brand-new and is "pampered" under a cover in my garage most of the time to prevent from my wife's cat jumping on the hood.

Last edited by Viet; 05-14-2005 at 04:21 PM.