Replacing battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Replacing battery

Steve,

Thanks for the tip. Guess what? I just reinstalled my old battery (hybrid) and everything looks fine. The IMA light is off and the hybrid system is back on.

Looks like the BumbleBee battery is defective. Now I have to return it and get a replacement. You would think they quality check them before shipping!

Old 01-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Glad to hear nothing is damaged. Bumblebee produces an exceptional product. I'm certain that the battery sticks are tested, but I don't know that they could ever economically drop each pack into a car for test.

Though very very rare, other things can go wrong with the pack itself. Without knowing the codes, it's impossible to tell. I would expect that there's something wrong with the pack circuitry itself, i.e., the case isn't new, and something else could be wrong with it.

In any case, I expect Eli will take care of you to your satisfaction.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:27 AM
Enthusiast

When I got the battery, the first thing I noticed was that the on-off switch on it is very loose, on my old one, moving the **** is very hard, it needs a lot of force and then it pops into place, on or off, and it makes a big click sound. The switch know on this one just slides, I thought may be my old one was too stiff. It may be that there know is not connected to anything on the back and it is just moving freely without actually turning the switch on or off.

I have to return it and get a replacement anyway.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:06 PM

All the packs I have touched (HCH1 & 2) have had a very "firm" switch.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:55 AM
Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I need some more help installing the new battery. I got a replacement and installed it. This time the switch doesn't look loose or anything. Everything should work fine but still the IMA is not being recognized. All the lights (engine, 12V battery,and IMA) are on and the hybrid gagues don't work. When I install my own old battery, everything works fine again.

I am thinking the systems doesn't recognize the new battery for some reason. I disconnected the 12 v battery to reset the lights but didn't work.

What should I do next? Is there a certain order I need to turn things on after disconnecting the 12v battery? I have tried every combination possible.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2015, 08:46 AM

What did Bumblebee say?

Old 01-21-2015, 08:47 AM
Enthusiast

They just took the other one back and sent me another pack. The switch looks firmer on this one but I am guessing the issue was not the switch may be?

Old 01-21-2015, 08:49 AM

They refused to speak with you?

http://bumblebeebatteries.com/contact/

Old 01-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Enthusiast

No, they were actually very nice. They apologized and sent me another one. This one turns on the IMA system so when I turn the switch to on, I hear the normal clicks and swoosh sound of the pumps etc but then on the dashboard, all the lights are on, the battery goes not get charge, the autostop doesn't work etc. As soon as I put my old pack back in, things go back to normal.

Old 01-21-2015, 09:00 AM

I guess my point is that it's unlikely me or anybody else here can help you better than Bumblebee. They have a great reputation, and I'm sure they can provide troubleshooting assistance.

Quick Reply: Replacing battery

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands