'06 HCH map lights and Accord garage door opener remote

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Rarely post anything
Default Re: '06 HCH map lights and Accord garage door opener remote

I'd say 'yes' - they wouldn't want to advise on altering the car (they are a Honda dealership, after all).

Pop off the map light lenses in the Civic and remove the housing. If you have the same two-wire connector from the diagram, it would probably work, as the HL looks like either a self-contained unit (?!?) , or (most likely) draws power from the 8W lamp circuit (check the wattage on the Civic's bulbs, too, to be safe).

The problem, as I see it, is that you'll need to do a bit of headliner surgery, because the map light housings are different shapes in the two cars. Thus, the result might not be too aesthetic.

I wouldn't do it to my car. But if you do...post pics Thanks

Old 02-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast

I really think the two housings look the same in shape and size, but I could be wrong. What's their return policy? It would be worth trying if you're not going to risk any $$ on the deal.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Rarely post anything

Ah - I think I see... both of you have Navi. I don't. So I know you've probably got the mic input between the lamps, which changes things a bit. Also - I don't recall seeing the ambient console light in my headliner (?), like the EX has - you may have that as well (?).

My lamp housings are sort of like an 'h' and inverted h, while the Accord's are more rectangular.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Enthusiast

That's true. I didn't think about the Nav and non-Nav versions having different light housings. Our cars do have the microphones, but they do not have the ambient light LED--just a blank space where it would be. I wouldn't mind the ambient light feature. My other car has it and it's really nice at night. I think I might pull out my light assembly and at least see if there are two connectors hiding in the ceiling.

Originally Posted by GreenAndBlue
Ah - I think I see... both of you have Navi. I don't. So I know you've probably got the mic input between the lamps, which changes things a bit. Also - I don't recall seeing the ambient console light in my headliner (?), like the EX has - you may have that as well (?).

My lamp housings are sort of like an 'h' and inverted h, while the Accord's are more rectangular.

Old 02-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Enthusiast

I too am very interested in this. My old truck had homelink and I depended on it everyday. Since I haven't recieved my HCH yet, could someone answer me if the driverside sunvisor has a mirror with lights? If so, it would seem to me that a solution would be to buy a used Homelink and install it into the sunvisor wiring it from the same wires used to illuminate the mirror. I'm not sure how thick the sun visors are on the HCH but you can find used Homelink kits on ebay for as little as $19.99. Here is a link to an install of an Audi homelink into an older Audi that didn't have Homelink...

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec19.shtml

Old 02-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Enthusiast

Unfortunately the mirrors are not illuminated.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cartunes
That's true. I didn't think about the Nav and non-Nav versions having different light housings. Our cars do have the microphones, but they do not have the ambient light LED--just a blank space where it would be. I wouldn't mind the ambient light feature. My other car has it and it's really nice at night. I think I might pull out my light assembly and at least see if there are two connectors hiding in the ceiling.
Let us know what you find out. I agree, the housing for the Nav equiped look very very similar to the Accord. I do not believe they would be different but I would believe there might not be the wiring harness behind it.

The map lights and sunglass holder in my $35K Acura was the exact same thing in the Accord.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
I am going to go to my dealer on Thursday and measure the part on the accord to get an idea if it fits. From the looks of it and in my oopinion I think it will fit. The wire connections should all be the same as well.
Adam: Did you ever get over to your dealer?

Old 02-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Gee, the Acura TSX looks a LOT like an HCHII. I wonder if its Homelink console would fit in an HCHII....

Hmmmm....

Don

Old 02-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Enthusiast

If you think the TSX looks like a Civic, you should check out the CSX on the Canadian Honda/Acura site. I couldn't tell if it has a Homelink transmitter.

BTW, I haven't taken apart my light console yet because it's so freakin' cold out. Hopefully I'll get to it later in the week when it warms up.

Quick Reply: '06 HCH map lights and Accord garage door opener remote

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands