2nd Oil Change, where?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default 2nd Oil Change, where?

I'm there, at the 15% of oil... now, should I go to the dealer or should I go to Jiffy Lube, they have the 0w20 for hybrids...

any advice?

Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2nd Oil Change, where?

If it's your 2nd oil change that means the factory stuff is long gone.

Go to which ever place you feel better about, no reason Jiffy or any other type shop couldn't handle it.

One thing I'd mention is to be sure Jiffy puts the bottom belly panel back on.

-Steve

Old 07-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Whoah, Jiffy Lube? See this: http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9265933/detail.html

Old 07-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Gee dude, now that Jiffy lube thing is horror. they lost me as a customer, me, my wife and everybody I know.... emailing the link to my friends as I write... heh.

today I'm going to do the change at honda...

Old 07-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ok Jiffy Lube is out of the question, but what about any other place ???? I'm about to get to my second oil change too.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

There's always the do-it-yourself way. I like letting it drain for a lot longer than would ever happen in a shop.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I went to Midas with 0W-20 of my own. they gave me credit and did a good job.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Enthusiast

Not to defend Jiffy Lube, but the problems of unnecessary work, substandard (misrepresented) parts, and work not being performed that a customer is charged for, have been rife throughout the automotive industry for years. And those problems extend to dealership service departments every bit as often as they happen with franchise or individually-owned shops. Unscrupulous people will pop up everywhere there is opportunity, unfortunately. Absent knowing one or more of the workers personally, the best you can do is stick with those service places which seem professional and above-board and which seem to give off a good vibe.

My local Jiffy Lube is managed by a smart young lady who runs a very polished, efficient, and - by every appearance - a solid operation.

Last edited by Regaj; 07-19-2006 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

My niece went to Jiffy Lube in the northern LA area to have her 2004 Hyundai's oil changed. She paid, picked up the car and drove for about a week. Then the engine siezed.

Turns out Jiffy Lube remembered to drain the oil, they just forgot to refill the oil! DOH!!!

Well Jiffy Lube bought her a new engine to the tune of $5,000.00 plus a rental car until the new engine was installed.

I think it's up to you to take the risk if you know the shop-but CERTAINLY watch them do the work. If you are unsure, take it to a local mechanic you trust.

Michael

Old 07-19-2006, 07:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

I did my first, second, and tonight will be my 19th oil and filter change on my '04 HCH. I do it myself because I know it's done right, and it's cheaper! Only takes 10-15 minutes.

Quick Reply: 2nd Oil Change, where?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands