A 6 Upgrade/MODS weekend! FOGS/HIR/HELLA/Clear Lamps/WheelSkins/SI Grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: A 6 Upgrade/MODS weekend! FOGS/HIR/HELLA/Clear Lamps/WheelSkins/SI Grill

Originally Posted by 06hch2
Pix!!!
I put some before and after pictures up today. Here's the link to one of them:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...aredlights.jpg

Hopefully you'll find them all if you follow this link. In general, they are in the "SHARE" folder under HCH (II). There are 7 of them.

Let me know if this is working....

TDSOUP

Old 02-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: A 6 Upgrade/MODS weekend! FOGS/HIR/HELLA/Clear Lamps/WheelSkins/SI Grill

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Yah. I really like that leaf too. It would probably be easier to get. Did u put new adhesive on, or just bake it with the old adhesive? If you used new adhesive, what type was it? (I wouldn't feel comfortable using the same adhesive)

I did use the same adhesive. There is a ton of it already there and if I used any new adhesive, it would be everywhere. I also think it would be hard to remove the old adhesive. I am working on clearing another set- but need to do a small repair to one of the tabs. I did find that there is a Honda PN for replacement tabs, so Honda must know that they are fragile.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Are you clearing them for people? How much are you charging? I think it looks great on your Taffeta White.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

Are you clearing them for people? How much are you charging? I think it looks great on your Taffeta White.
I don't know if it would be cost effective to do this as a service. It does take some time and to do it right without damage to the tabs does take some planing and careful effort. The shipping cost round trip is not cheap either. With that said I have thought about an exchange program--where I would have an exiting cleared set and send this out with a core charge and then when the owner replaced the cleared one for the "orange" lenses then the replaced ones are returned and the core charge refunded. Not sure this is a great way to do this, but I think trying to turn these around the minute the lamps come in would be tough to fully coordinate. I would hate to have one come out less than perfect and have the owner waitng to put their car back together until the cleaned ones came in.

The other issues are that the condition of the core lamps would not be know and the quality of the front lens can vary. I don't know if Honda sells the replacement lens by itself as I have not found a PN for them.

My only experience has been with sedan lamps; I would guess that the coupes are pretty much the same.

Just out of curiosity, what would a service like this be worth to you? This is where it really matters as in the ones that I did got for my car, I polished the lenses to remove all the build up and many of the fine scratches. Just takes time to go a nice job of it.

TDSOUP

Old 02-20-2008, 08:12 PM

Personally, I would not go to all the troubles of shipping and waiting. I think I am capable of doing it myself. I was just curious. If I do end up doing this, are there any pointers you can give me?

Old 02-20-2008, 08:18 PM

What brand steering wheel cover did you use? Is it black? I don't want my HCH's to peel like my other car's did.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Enthusiast

Personally, I would not go to all the troubles of shipping and waiting. I think I am capable of doing it myself. I was just curious. If I do end up doing this, are there any pointers you can give me?
Best advice is to be very careful with the mounting tabs. These are fragile when hot. The adhesive is very sticky and will string--be careful about getting it on the reflectors. I placed my lights in for 6-8 minutes, with the lens facing toward the oven door.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Enthusiast

What brand steering wheel cover did you use? Is it black? I don't want my HCH's to peel like my other car's did.
I used Honda's brand--from College Hills. It's black. I spoke with WheelSkins about making one similar to the Honda version that does not have the holes over the front of the spokes and is trimmed to not cover the controls. I was looking for one with the grip fully perforated, but they could not make one without the holes over the drip due to the contract with Honda. Anyway, this is a very nice cover. I have another one that I laced on another Honda 6 years ago and it is doing fine--nice tight laces and no wear to speak of except that it has gotten smoother with use. I have no hesitation recommending the Honda or Wheelskins product.

TDSOUP

Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 PM

Thanks for all the info. I have added a few more things to my list of mods to be done. Sometimes I get them done in a week, sometimes it takes months, other times I reject the ideas all together. I guess I'll wait and see what I do this weekend (if anything).

Old 02-21-2008, 09:59 PM
F**k ExxonMobil

Originally Posted by TDSOUP
I put some before and after pictures up today. Here's the link to one of them:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...aredlights.jpg

Hopefully you'll find them all if you follow this link. In general, they are in the "SHARE" folder under HCH (II). There are 7 of them.

Let me know if this is working....

TDSOUP
It works. Thanks!

Quick Reply: A 6 Upgrade/MODS weekend! FOGS/HIR/HELLA/Clear Lamps/WheelSkins/SI Grill

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands