A 6 Upgrade/MODS weekend! FOGS/HIR/HELLA/Clear Lamps/WheelSkins/SI Grill

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: A 6 Upgrade/MODS weekend! FOGS/HIR/HELLA/Clear Lamps/WheelSkins/SI Grill

Well, I think I'm going to go clear my headlights right now. I was gonna post a DIY, but there are already so many on 8thCivic.com.

BTW, TDSOUP: Did you get your chrome signals from XenonMods?

EDIT: Actually, I may do a DIY if I have time, because all the ones I can find are for coupes!

Last edited by giantquesadilla; 02-23-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: A 6 Upgrade/MODS weekend! FOGS/HIR/HELLA/Clear Lamps/WheelSkins/SI Grill

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Well, I think I'm going to go clear my headlights right now. I was gonna post a DIY, but there are already so many on 8thCivic.com.

BTW, TDSOUP: Did you get your chrome signals from XenonMods?

EDIT: Actually, I may do a DIY if I have time, because all the ones I can find are for coupes!
I did get my chrome amber from XenonMods. Arrived quickly, however without any confirmation of order--so just be aware. Vendor has mixed rep on many website, but came through for me without issue.

There is a DIY somewhere on the web for civic sedan lamps. Just be aware that 275 F is HOT to hold!

Old 02-23-2008, 09:48 PM

I just finished. I sure wish I knew where that DIY is. I guess I won't do one. I have a bunch of pix that I will post up though. I just need to upload them all. It looks great and I think it will look even better with chrome signals.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
I just finished. I sure wish I knew where that DIY is. I guess I won't do one. I have a bunch of pix that I will post up though. I just need to upload them all. It looks great and I think it will look even better with chrome signals.
I think it is somewhere on 8thCivic.com--but it is buried in one of responses to clearing in general. I actually think the sedan is easier as there are no screws to remove. Did you use the old adhesive?

BTW--what foam did you use for the foam lining DIY in the trunk? It looks like carpet padding, but maybe it is something else.

I agree--it looks great esp with the taffy white

Old 02-24-2008, 10:57 AM

Here are some pics of my cleared lights:

I couldn't find the DIY, so I just made one up real quick on GH and 8th. I did end up using the original adhesive.

Yes, I just used carpet padding from home depot. It was much cheaper that anything on the internet. Some people (on 8thcivic) have told me to line the carpet padding with aluminum foil and tape it with aluminum tape. I'm not sure how much of a difference that it would make. Any thoughts?

PS: Chrome bulbs are on their way, from truckshop.com

Last edited by giantquesadilla; 02-24-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: PS
Old 02-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Enthusiast

Looks Great!