Adding acetone to gasoline for better mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding acetone to gasoline for better mileage?

Woah...now...let's not go dragging the good name of MMO through the 'mud' !

As an owner of a <ahem> classic (read: old) British sportscar, I should own stock in the stuff! It's got all kinds of interesting applications on an old car. :-)

Old 01-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Adding acetone to gasoline for better mileage?

I wasn't trying to discredit the product ... just sounds similar, and either of them you can put in both the oil and fuel

I used it before in a old car I had ... 75 Pontiac GrandVille Brougham Convertible (big block 400cid/6.6L). Land yacht they would call it. over 20 ft long, 6 ft wide and 9mpg no matter how you drove it! I miss it but not the mileage. I think I put over 30 gallons in it one time, so that would be around $70 now to go less than 300 miles ... no thank you, $30 to go more than 600 sounds much better.