Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   Changing oil on a HCH1? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/changing-oil-hch1-12055/)

carbnjunkie 01-27-2007 12:44 PM

Changing oil on a HCH1?

Hi guys,

I have a HCH1. I went under the car for the first time after buying it (its used) and what do I remove to find the drain plug and oil filter?

The huge plastic piece? Im really confused and feel dumb!

Thanks!

greenhome 01-27-2007 01:01 PM

Re: Changing oil on a HCH1?

it s not hard dont worry I have changed every 6 of my oil changes

you must look for depression in the plastic where there are what I call removable plastic rivits they have a head around 5/8 in diameter, I use two flat bladed screw driver, each head has two recessed areas 180 degrees apart. put your screw driver blades under and pull the flat head out around 3/8 of an inch. it retrect the toggle like wings of the attachment device and then pulls out by hand. i leave one in and simply rotate the plastic wind shield to expose the oil drain (its marked) and the filter . it may be best to have some replacment of these plastic anchors in case you break some so you get the plastic back. the plastic keeps many part clean and i would think provides aeordynamics to the car. get three extras. they are reusable if you remove them properly , filter and plug are normal I would suggest new crush washer for the oil drain plug

carbnjunkie 01-28-2007 05:00 PM

Great - thanks man.

It's hard to get off those clips when the car is not on a lift, but its not impossible.

Thanks!

cbxtc6 01-29-2007 07:05 AM

I drive up on to 2X6 planks. It's more than enough to get to the filter and drain plug. I also put all the rivets into a plastic cup, and spray with WD-40 to keep them "viable". I've got ~120k miles on my '04, original plastic rivets.