Couple of Problems..03 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Couple of Problems..03 HCH

hey havent been on in a while...the hybrid has been doing pretty good especially with these gas prices.

got a couple questions. one, my MPG bar underneath the odometer just disappeared a couple weeks ago. why would it disappear and how do i get it back?

the other issue im having is when i shift into reverse (CVT), the little green indicator light on the cluster does not come on sometimes. when the light doesnt come on, neither does my reverse lights. ive had zero issues with the tranny actually going into (R). has anyone had either of these 2 problems?

if it is my shifter assy that needs replaced, does anyone have a part # for it. thanks

Old 03-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Think green.
Default Re: Couple of Problems..03 HCH

For the mpg bar, try looking around page 69-70 of the owner's manual. I found an online version if you need it, try here and click on the hyperlinks to the page you think might help you:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...30302INDXA.pdf

To look up a part number, try either bernardi or majestic honda websites, in the parts section.

(I wonder if it's just a bad switch or fuse or a burned out reverse light bulb?)

Last edited by Gairwyn; 03-06-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Couple of Problems..03 HCH

thank for the owners manual...thats exactly what i was looking for. found out the wife was messing with the reset button one day. i bought the car used and it didnt come w/ an owners manual so i just downloaded that pdf file.

im assuming it is just a bad limit switch but dont know if you can crack open the module or not. havent really looked at it yet. i know the reverse lights work because they do come on when the green indicator comes on. ill look at those 2 sites. thanks again