Dealer Documentary charges BS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 07:03 AM
06 HCH
Default Dealer Documentary charges BS?

My dealer wants to charge me a $129 clerical , equiment usage, dealership online processing charge. Anyone get hit with thiis charge and refuse to pay it? thanks and happy holidays!

Old 12-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Vegetarian
Default Re: Dealer Documentary charges BS?

We had to pay those. I don't remember how much it was, somewhere around $100. Before we bought the car I was asking my dad for tips on how to get the best deal, and he said don't let them add on any dealers fees... but we paid them anyway. It seems kinda strange to me that you could be like "um, no I'm not paying you for that."

Old 12-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I paid $40 for the 'documentation fees'

Old 12-24-2005, 09:47 AM

Easy way to get around it is to be prepared to walk. Just tell them to lower the price of your car by that much. They may or may not do that and even if they do they will probably do something to make the money back. But you could get lucky.

At least they don't call it "Added dealer markup" anymore

Old 12-24-2005, 10:34 AM

I paid $0 in extra fees and I told them that I would pay for it up front. I also got $900 off of the car. I also told them that wanted no accessories extras, there big money maker. They badgered me about the accessories for a while, once they knew I was serious about not wanting them and would walk, they let it go. You have to walk in there with authority, let them know what you want, and show them that you have done your homework.

Old 12-24-2005, 11:00 AM

The worse car buyer is one that falls in love with the car. They live for those buyers. Usualy the best deals are made by people willing to walk. There are some dealers that don't budge no mater what, but others are just out to sell a car and will be willing to negotiate. And the rare few that find selling you the car and fufilling your needs is more important than immediate profit since you are likely to refer other people to them and also use their parts and service department.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by tbaleno
The worse car buyer is one that falls in love with the car. They live for those buyers. Usualy the best deals are made by people willing to walk. There are some dealers that don't budge no mater what, but others are just out to sell a car and will be willing to negotiate. And the rare few that find selling you the car and fufilling your needs is more important than immediate profit since you are likely to refer other people to them and also use their parts and service department.
I agree 100%, if the dealer knows that you love the car they will then have the upper hand and take all your money. If they know that you could take it or leave it, find a better deal somewhere else or think that you just walk away they will usually be more willing to negotiate. If they don't budge on price, walk away. There is nothing thats says you have to buy from a certain dealer. 9 times out of 10 if one dealer won't budget on price or extra charges there will be one not far away that will.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

I paid $50. They also wanted to charge me extra $50 for DMV Expedite fee, but I told them I didn't need the plates in a hurry and they took it off.

Old 12-24-2005, 12:43 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: Dealer Documentary charges BS?

Originally Posted by jamriman
My dealer wants to charge me a $129 clerical , equiment usage, dealership online processing charge. Anyone get hit with thiis charge and refuse to pay it? thanks and happy holidays!
Hi John;

Once a dealer starts charging for a (DOC-FEE) he is then Legally got to Charge everyone or he could open the door to a Law-Suit if someone wanted to pursue it. It goes without saying, how is anyone going to really know if the customer before you Paid the (DOC-FEE) or not. You would have to know the other customer to find that out, Right?

The answer to your Question is this. If you Do-Not want to pay the (DOC-FEE) then you can tell your selling Dealer that they can feel-free to leave the (DOC-FEE) Charge on your Contract but they need to (Back-It-Off-Your-Price) and thats how it is done. I would not Kid-You:

So from a Legal standpoint the Dealer has Charged you for it just like everyone else but in reality the Dealer Backed it (The-Cost-Of-DOC-Fee) off the price of the HCH ll. Make sense?

HTH;

Terry

Old 12-24-2005, 03:11 PM

I paid a $45 doc fee, the only dealer fee I paid, even though I knew I didn't really have to. If it were over $50 then I wouldn't have.

Quick Reply: Dealer Documentary charges BS?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands