Deer 1 - HCH 0

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:48 PM
Proudest Monkey
Default Re: Deer 1 - HCH 0

Two words: Ding King.

I'm sure that'll buff right out

/ Glad you're alright. Nature's a harsh mistress.

Old 09-29-2005, 12:11 AM

If he rents, he'll still be paying $30/day on top of gas, but it might be a good idea anyway. Honestly, any smallish Toyota or Honda is going to get mileage around the 30s if driven gently.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:48 AM
Enthusiast

If my math is correct, a 15MPG car will cost me $28 a day in gas.
A 30MPG car will cost me $14 in gas, but the $30/day rental fee puts me up to $44 per day.

This is a LONG way from the normal $9/day in the HCH.

I think I am going go with the GTO as much as possible. 6sp LS2 engine so if I use the hyper-mileing tricks, i should be able to easily pull 24 MPG.... which is about $17.50/day in gas...
(of couse if it doesnt rain, I will be taking the Harley: 45MPG)

Who knew a deer could be such a pain in the rear...

Old 09-29-2005, 08:22 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Wow! Glad you are OK. I hit a deer a couple cars ago - amazing how quick it can happen. Glad the whole thing didn't wind up in your lap!

I hit mine in Greenville Alabama (I'm not from there - was driving through). After the hit we pulled over and were surveying the damage. Both my wife and I were a bit dazed in that "what just happened" kind of way. A blue Datsun (yes, Datsun) pickup pull up behind and these two guys jump out. Both were in overalls, no shirts, and maybe had 7 teeth between the two of them. My wife has some kind of Deliverance flashback and jumps in the car and locks the door (thanks honey...). They stroll up and ask, "Y'all want the dur"? I'm stunned. I don't want to offend them - I had never really considered road-kill something to take with you. However, I pretend to deliberate and walk around to the back of the truck. There was the deer, guts and all. I say, "No - you go ahead. I don't have any way to carry it" (also thinking how rediculous my Celica would look with a deer roped to the roof... ). They smiled toothless grins, bit me good day and drove off. It was 2 days before Christmas - I guess they had deer for the holidays. Hope they enjoyed it.

Anyway, those things can be dangerous. Glad you weren't hurt. I'll have a moment of silence for the HCH too...

Old 09-29-2005, 09:10 AM

Wow, Tim, I'll be sure to stay the hell away from Alabama now! It's like the slack-jawed yokel in The Simpsons.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:56 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Wow, Tim, I'll be sure to stay the hell away from Alabama now! It's like the slack-jawed yokel in The Simpsons.
HEY! I resemble that remark!

Old 09-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Enthusiast

It is pretty common place around here in Illinois and Missouri. When a Whitetail gets hit on the road, if there is a deer hunter close by, they will take clean it and have it processed... Its a way for them to get deer meat out of season and/or more than their tag permits.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Looks exactly like the damage to my '04 done by Bambi last year! I think it was $2500 total damage. Body shop did a decent job. He did notice there were "different" colors of the Magnesium Metallic on the parts coming from Honda! He re-sprayed the whole car for me to get it all uniform. Be sure the shop replaces the notice stickers under the hood, for possible re-sale value.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Banned
Default How Did it Go?

Thought it might be a good time to follow up.

Illnois is in the top ten states for deer collisions.

CNN Story

Old 11-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Looks all too familiar. I hit one, same part of car, last Fall - in Illinois too. I think total was ~$2500. Car worked fine afterwards. Last Spring I was rear-ended by a semi. No damage except rear bumper ~$750. Last week I was in a pile-up on the Stevie. Front end is waaaay smashed. Body shop said 3-4 weeks, and I too asked the dealer which shop to take it too. I too am now driving my gas pig (Jag XJ12). I sure hope this time the car is totalled. The body shop has over $6k body work alone - no engine estimate yet.
My poor 2004 HCH. And it only had 70k miles on it....

Quick Reply: Deer 1 - HCH 0

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands