Didyaknow: Honda Owner's Link

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Didyaknow: Honda Owner's Link

Hi Jeff,

yup, I tried it myself and it also failed. On the screen that says that it didn't find the VIN, there is a notice that only American VINs can be entered. Now, there is a similar feature on the honda canada site (My Garage), but, the honda canada site doesn't even mention the hybrid 2006 (guess it's not in Canada yet ).

Cheers,
Stephane.

Originally Posted by tko4you
I tried to register at Honda Owners Link today but the site did not recognize my VIN number. I have emailed my sales rep @ Honda. I find that quite interesting based on other threads I have read respecting VIN issues.

Cheers!

Old 12-21-2005, 11:15 AM
Active Enthusiast

HEH!

Meybe we need some dual citizenship to take advantage of the honda link and the "special" fobs .

Cheers and thanks for the confirmation!

Old 12-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

I'm on it too - nice one-stop-shop to look at my loan (through Honda) and see the car specs. Can also shop for parts there too, which I recently had to do.

Anyone pick up that the EPA mileage reports have changed? On my sticker (which I kept), my car is listed at 48/47 MPG. On this site, it's "CVT (City/Highway): 46/51".

Old 12-21-2005, 01:51 PM

Arrg that means I have to get 1mpg more than before to be a hypermiler

Old 12-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by bluesesshomaru17
In fact the worse you take care of your car, the better it is for the salesperson! lol I think you can turn off/on some of the notifications, such as the ones you will get from the dealer try to upsell you to a newer model and other unneccessary spam.
That never works for me, though. Then, I tend to think that (ignoring the fact that I drove the wheels off the thing through my own inattention) that I've bought either a "lemon" or a "piece of junk not seen on this planet since the 1979 Plymouth Volare," and I start putting on a trench coat and cruising around Toyota dealers (in seedy neighborhoods) hoping that none of my respectable friends see me there.

It's all about relationship marketing in two different directions: the Horizontal is that the car is actually the "cell phone," and the SERVICE DEPARTMENT is your cell phone bill. Profit-wise, the store tends to make more money by fixing and accessorizing your car, than they do by selling it to you (at least in the case of a new car.)

Then the Vertical method is to get you started off in a civic as soon as you fall out of high school, take you up through the ranks with Accords, pop you over to Acura. (This works easier with a 3-tier company like Toyota (Scion to Toyota to Lexus) than with Honda's 2-Tier system, but the concept is to build brand loyalty across the whole "family" of companies, over a long period of time.

So the more emails they send out for $15 oil changes, the more likely you are to buy that Acrua RL, 20 years from now. It's the Butterfly Effect.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not that there's anything wrong with that!!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
Then the Vertical method is to get you started off in a civic as soon as you fall out of high school, take you up through the ranks with Accords, pop you over to Acura. (This works easier with a 3-tier company like Toyota (Scion to Toyota to Lexus) than with Honda's 2-Tier system, but the concept is to build brand loyalty across the whole "family" of companies, over a long period of time.
Honda needs a hybrid Acura next, and not the MDX. I'd love to see a hybrid RSX or TL. Something like that would be a bigger lure for me to swap out of my Civic than the Accord is.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by Tim
Honda needs a hybrid Acura next, and not the MDX. I'd love to see a hybrid RSX or TL. Something like that would be a bigger lure for me to swap out of my Civic than the Accord is.

Can't I just have the Groovy iPod link thing from the 06 AND the bum-hugging seats of my 03 Civic, both in my Accord?

I grow weary of people asking me when my REAL car will be out of the shop, and I can give my Mom her Accord back