Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Default Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by blueskies
I hate car dealerships they are such a waste...
No truer words have been spoken ! I shop around for everything, from cars, to carpeting to home appliances...... In no other business is it so hard to get a "binding" quote as it is in the auto arena. Dealer "B" offers a "gurenteed lowest price" if you bring dealer "A's" quote, but the only quote dealer "B" accepts is a written contract of sale from "Dealer "A". If I have a contract with one dealer, how the heck can I buy it from the other dealer at a better price ?

Any advise ?

My company sells large computer systems with most systems costing between $500, 000 and $1 million. We provide them a quote, not a contract.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Just put my $500 deposit down on a Magnetic Pearl '06 HCH. Dealer scheduled to receive it late December and will hold for delivery in January '06 to take advantage of the Tax rebate. Since I was shopping three dealers in the area, I went back to both and gave them the opportunity to beat the price. Dealer 1 said, "No - we provided our best price already". Dealer 2 has not called me back, which I am taking as another "No".

Old 10-13-2005, 02:26 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

Congratulations! Same color that I ordered. I can't wait to see the color in person.

I didn't shop around (shame on me). But I have gone to the same dealership (Ralph Schomp Honda) and salesman (Ben Raffetto) for several cars (three of them were ordered) and they have always treated me well, had the best prices, and is most convenient. It's no wonder they are the number one Honda dealer in the region. Plus, they don't make me put down a deposit, so I get to make my 0.25% interest on my money until the car arrives. Even without the deposit, though, they have always delivered the car when promised and at the going price (never above MSRP and with NO Dealer Handling Charges or "mandatory" Options).

Old 10-13-2005, 04:18 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Originally Posted by mochisushi
Congratulations! Same color that I ordered. I can't wait to see the color in person.

I didn't shop around (shame on me). But I have gone to the same dealership (Ralph Schomp Honda) and salesman (Ben Raffetto) for several cars (three of them were ordered) and they have always treated me well, had the best prices, and is most convenient. It's no wonder they are the number one Honda dealer in the region. Plus, they don't make me put down a deposit, so I get to make my 0.25% interest on my money until the car arrives. Even without the deposit, though, they have always delivered the car when promised and at the going price (never above MSRP and with NO Dealer Handling Charges or "mandatory" Options).
Good-Deal; enjoy your new HCH when it arrives. Congrads:

Terry

Waiting also for 06 HCH to arrive:

Old 10-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by mochisushi
... Even without the deposit, though, they have always delivered the car when promised and at the going price (never above MSRP and with NO Dealer Handling Charges or "mandatory" Options).
Yes, going to the same dealer time after time has it's advantages. We relocated to this area in 1996 and the lease on our Minivan was about to expire, so had to go to a dealer we had never been to before. We got a good deal, but that was a Dodge Dealer so did not go their this time.

If ya don't mind me asking, are you paying MSRP for your's? When are you expecting it?

Old 10-13-2005, 10:24 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

I delayed my delivery until after the first of the year. My dealership said that they would order it in November for January delivery...No precise date though. I'm not in a big hurry since we really don't have to get it right away...just need something with better gas mileage.

At this time, price will be MSRP. But if the demand is lower than expected by the time the car arrives (doubtful) and they start discounting, I get it for the going price at time of delivery. This is what happened with my '05 Ody ($1K below MSRP...First EX-L R&N off the lot), but I paid MSRP for my '99 Ody and '03 Pilot. Never felt ripped off paying MSRP, though. Some people swear that they would never do that. But, I love my Hondas (I think this will be my twelfth).

Congratulations again. We'll have to see who gets theirs first!

Old 11-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
I too am in contact with a dealer that has three non-nav hybrids (and I didn't ask how many with nav) built on 9/28, which he expects around the release date. I asked him to e-mail me as soon as they hit land, before even arriving at the dealer, just because I like knowing the progress of stuff like that. Hopefully he'll honor that.

I've spoken with other dealers whose cars were built in early October and they expect them to arrive in early November.
Any word from the dealer yet CGameProgrammer?

Old 11-03-2005, 12:04 PM

Yes. The earlier dealer told me yesterday that he expected the cars "any day now"; he got his VINs two weeks ago so I really hope the cars arrive very soon. My backup dealer had more specific information; his cars will hit the port in San Diego on the 11th or 12 and he expects to arrive at the dealer (also in San Diego) 2-3 days after that.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Enthusiast

just checked with 2 dealers in bay area and nav hybrids got pushed back behind non nav hybrids. my dealer says 1st batch of 2006 nav hybrids still @ sea. hondas loss. itll give me time to consider the 2006 prius.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:13 PM

Yeah, I should mention I chose the non-nav Civic. I wouldn't have a problem paying $1500 for nav but the regular analog radio buttons are alot better than accessing the radio through the nav unit, plus I'd find the screen annoying at night.

Quick Reply: Expected Deleivery date for '06 HCH ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands