Extended Warranty on Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Warranty on Civic Hybrid

I would definetly check the web prices before going into the dealership. It is amazing what ranges there go for. Many places will sell you the warrenty after you purchase the car too. I have had couple of friends do this for Honda and non-Honda cars. I would highly recommend it for the HCH since I have had problems already with mine.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just got my Hondacare extended warranty in the last few days. I was looking to get a 6year/120kmile warranty with a $0 deductible. When I got my car, of course the finance person wanted me to buy a hondacare warranty from him. He wanted me to pay $1586 for a 6/100k warranty! I thought he was smokin somethin funny!! I did a lot of looking around on the net and compared prices and found a Honda Dealer in Louisiana that had the best prices. Initially, Hondacuraworld.com had the best price at $875. The finance person (Tony Pascual) at Moss Motors Honda gave it to me for $825! I would go to mossisboss.com and look in the finance section and send him an email and he will send you a quote back. He faxed me an application last thursday, I faxed it back to him last friday along with a copy of my credit card(which he will shred once he process for payment). He will send you via regular mail a receipt for the payment and a Hondacare brochure which I got in the mail yesterday. Then in two-four weeks Honda will send you the contract and all other information concerning the warranty.

PS. As an after thought, when I was in with the finance person at my dealer, he didn't even offer to match prices that I found on the internet. I know others on the board have said their dealers will match prices found elsewhere.

Old 01-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yeah, the best quote I've seen so far is at hondawarrantyinfo.com at $801 (7/100) but they don't use the Honda Care logo so I am a little nervous about using them. The next best quote is collegehillshonda.com at $875 (7/100). I am still undecided because Honda has such a great reputation and a good warranty on the batteries and drivetrain. Plus I don't think I'll keep this car more than 4 or 5 years.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'd check out that website I posted in my last post. I got my receipt for the payment and a Hondacare brochure from them in Monday's mail. He said I will be getting the VSC(vehicle service contract) from Honda in two to four weeks time. Again I paid $825 for a 6/120k $0 Deductible warranty from this dealer.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

The finance guy at my dealership was pushing hard this extended warranty for $2400 can you believe it!! the selling point was "if you don't use it ,you get a full refund" but the second you do use it,that's it brother. so you wind up paying and paying for little problems saving the warranty for a big problem.while they collect interest on you dough. no thanks ,I would rather put my $2400 in a ING savings account and let it grow ! that was the one and only unpleasant experience out of the whole buying proccess. (when we bought the HCH all the salespeople gathered around and sang for us!!!)

cheers
Gary

Old 01-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Exclamation Re: Extended Warranty on Civic Hybrid

Like several in this group, I have been "exploring" the Honda Care Warrenty options. Interesting thing I found out after talking with Tim at hondawarrantyinfo.com (Bernardi Honda) Their warrenties DO NOT include the "refund if not used" feature. He advised the dealer uses that to get you back into the dealership, to possible buy a new car at the end of the warrenty, and since they are not local to most, they would not benifit from this.

Now I have something else to throw into the mix! I can get a 8 / 100K with $0 deduictable for $881 from hondawarrantyinfo.com

or

can get the same from my local dealer with the added feature of getting a refund at the end, if not used, for $925

or

Bag the whole Extended Warrenty thing since I bought a Honda !

Old 01-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

Cost of xtnd waranty depends on the type of the waranty..how long, how many miles. for example, dealership cost of 6 years 100K warranty is around $700, what ver they charge over is their profit, I was told by an insider...

Old 01-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lkewin
Interesting thing I found out after talking with Tim at hondawarrantyinfo.com (Bernardi Honda) Their warrenties DO NOT include the "refund if not used" feature.
Bernardi's website has a huge link to a "sample contract" which says in Section V that if you cancel within 60 days you get a full refund, and after 60 days you get a prorated refund based on time or miles driven. Are you saying they told you this wording is not in their ACTUAL contract? Or, If I'm misunderstanding you, please clarify.

Old 01-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Originally Posted by tarabell
Bernardi's website has a huge link to a "sample contract" which says in Section V that if you cancel within 60 days you get a full refund, and after 60 days you get a prorated refund based on time or miles driven. Are you saying they told you this wording is not in their ACTUAL contract? Or, If I'm misunderstanding you, please clarify.
I am sorry for the confusion. The refund I was referencing was a refund of the total purchase price at the end of the warrent term (5 yrs, 6 yrs, 8 yrs, etc) if you do not file a claim at anytime. The 60 day warrenty applies regarless of where you purchase the warranty.

Old 01-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ah, so the "total purchase price refund" is an extra incentive tacked on by the dealer, not part of the HondaCare contract. That's good to know, thanks!

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty on Civic Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands