Extended Warranty on Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:58 AM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264
Default Re: Extended Warranty on Civic Hybrid

Originally Posted by tarabell
Ah, so the "total purchase price refund" is an extra incentive tacked on by the dealer, not part of the HondaCare contract. That's good to know, thanks!
Yes, I thionk it is buried in one of the posts, but I was told by one of the dealers that sells warrenties on-line that the "total purchase price refund" is really a way to get customers back into the dealership. Your warrenty is up (so you have had the car a number of year), you go into the dealer as proud as a peacock, figuring your going to stick it to them by getting a refund and the next thing you know they got you thinking about the fact your warranty is expired and how nice it would be to drive a new vehicle with a fresh warranty ! You won't ever go back in to see the online dealer, so they do not benifit from offering this.

Makes sence in a sick auto sales type of way

Old 02-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Enthusiast

After researching the HondaCare warranty on the web, we took the prices found into our selling dealership when picking up our HCH II on 1 Jan 06. They had originally quoted me $2200.00 for the 8yr/120k/$0 deductible HondaCare policy. I ended up paying $1000.00 for it at closing. The best price I had found was $975.00 at Bernardi and figured the extra $25.00 was worth the convenience of getting it finished at purchase.

I'm still extremely nervous about the mechanical complexity of hybrids and consider this a bet well placed. Whether you find it a bet you're willing to make or not the important message is to shop and KNOW what the warranty costs before you sit down in the F& I person's office.

Old 02-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Energy Independence

the important message is to shop and KNOW what the warranty costs before you sit down in the F& I person's office.
Absolutely agreed.

And I plan to take the exact approach, Sam, when I go up to OK and pick mine up (in April). [Man, that's a long time for me to wait .]