Finaly got my fog lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Default Finaly got my fog lights installed

I have pictures up on cardomain/sounddomain. http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/524328/6

Old 02-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Pedal Pusher
Thumbs up Looks sharp

Have been considering this addition myself. Could you possibly post a picture of the switch installed inside of the vehicle? Did you install yourself or at the dealership? If done yourself, could you describe the difficulty, and if at the dealership, how much was the labor and parts charge?

Old 02-11-2005, 08:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi USArmyWO1:

___Although OT, is the D variant of the Kiowa you drive Warrior upgradeable by chance? If so, when will you receive the training and get to pilot one? Given it is fast, relatively inexpensive compared to the AH64’s, and with a Hellfire/Stinger/Laser designated 50 Cal combo, extremely lethal … Nice ride(s) (the HCH and the Kiowa) if I do say so myself

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 02-12-2005, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by USArmyWO1
Have been considering this addition myself. Could you possibly post a picture of the switch installed inside of the vehicle? Did you install yourself or at the dealership? If done yourself, could you describe the difficulty, and if at the dealership, how much was the labor and parts charge?
It was kind of a pain. Took me about 10 hours to do with the kit I had which wasn't made for an american hch (though the guy that sold it to me led me to believe it was).

Most of the job wasn't too bad. There are 3 harnesses you have to run and you have to drill a hole in your bumper to mount the light.

The fog light harness was easy enough. I just ran it along the front of the car and tie wrapped it as instructed. The bus harness wasn't bad either. The main pain was the switch harness and mounting the switch. The switch harness was too short to reach the fuse box. I had to extend the wire that plugs into the bus harness. It was only one wire but It would have been nice if I didn't have to do that.

The switch normaly mounts where our cruise/rear defroster buttons are. Since those two spots were taken I had to modify the switch locations near the accessory outlet.

The switch that came with my kit is larger than the opening so I had to enlarge the hole. Also there is nothing to hold the switch in place. I ended up using some stuff called seal-all to glue the switch in. I used some of the plastic from the switch opening filler piece to hold it in place while the seal-all hardened up around it. I'm not sure how well it will hold up over time. I may end up having to fabricate some other way to hold the switch in place at a later date.

One other pain was hooking the wires to the fuse box though some kits wire directly to the switch near the steering wheel.

I will take pictures tonight of the switch. Expect them up by tomorrow morning.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Site Founder

Permissions should be set to allow attachments here, if you'd like to do that.

Old 02-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Pedal Pusher
Wink

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi USArmyWO1:

___Although OT, is the D variant of the Kiowa you drive Warrior upgradeable by chance? If so, when will you receive the training and get to pilot one? Given it is fast, relatively inexpensive compared to the AH64’s, and with a Hellfire/Stinger/Laser designated 50 Cal combo, extremely lethal … Nice ride(s) (the HCH and the Kiowa) if I do say so myself

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
I'm training in it right now at Rucker and all 58D's these days are the warrior models with onboard weapons as you described, but don't forget the seven shot 2.75 rocket pods. Its an awesome ride and thanks for the kind comments, normally I would be tempted to throw some punches at the 64's but I'll leave that for another day. I got to start flying it after about six months of flight school, immediately after instruments. The portion of training devoted exclusively to flying the 58D lasts approximately 5 1/2 months.

Old 02-13-2005, 02:00 AM

Picture of how I mounted the fog light switch.

Attached Thumbnails Finaly got my fog lights installed-fog_light_button.jpg  
Old 02-13-2005, 07:54 AM

Hi Tbaleno:

___That rocker switch not only looks like a nice fit but it sits in the factory cutouts. Very nice install indeed. Any pics of the front end for those of us that just like to see mods in there final form? If the pic of the switch is any indication, I am sure the rest of your install was done with the care of a craftsman.

___As an edit, Oooppps. I saw your car domain shots. Very classy.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 02-13-2005, 12:31 PM

Well its not realy a rocker switch its the same type of switch as the cruise control swich I should pull the panel with the cruise switch and see if they don't just slap another label on it for the fogs .

In case you missed it. It didn't realy fit. I had to dremel the cut out to make it larger and had to glue the switch in place. Thanks for the compliment on the craftsmanship. I guess I'm hard on myself because I know every little flaw.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:19 PM

That really looks professional, nice job!

I also noticed punch-outs on my center console next to the DC socket.
Anyone have any idea what those would be for?