first "tank", sorry about that

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:36 PM
new owner
Default first "tank", sorry about that

I've just topped up my tank after a few hundred km, turns out i'm getting 6.9l/100km, I'm slightly disappointed, however I'm sure the tank was not totally full when I picked up the car from the dealer.

After reading several posts, I've pumped the tyres to 40psi (from 32 psi) and hope this will help.

Im thinking that its very hard to get great FE, but time will tell

Still I'd rather walk than drive, but if I have to drive I'd rather be in a hybrid.

Old 08-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Wo ai Zheng!
Default Re: first "tank", sorry about that

Don't get discouraged. The first tank always sucks, and the ones after that are only a little better. You'll get a nice boost somewhere around 6000km as the car breaks in.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: first "tank", sorry about that

It will be better after your engine is broken in and you learn the features of the car. It's time for my first oil change and I'm dreading it as I heard a few stories of slight worst mileage afterwards. Generally I'm happy at 50mpg because that is what I expect of the car.