Got my rebate check

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Got my rebate check

Yesterday, it was waiting in my mailbox.... $500.00 from the Commonwealth of PA for buying an HCHII. Funny thing was that my dealer didn't know about the rebate.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got my rebate check

Wish we got one of those in AZ

Old 04-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clyde2575
Wish we got one of those in Texas too, except then we would probably have a state income tax.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah Bill,

I got mine too about 2 weeks ago.

I actually found out about it when I was reading the "revised" Hybrid cost payback article on Consumer Reports online! This was a month after I purchased the HCH II. I think because it's a DEP Rebate it isn't highly publicized - although you would think that somebody would have known about it (I spent a month plus on this site without reading a thing about it).

Eric

Old 04-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clyde2575
NO! We must defer taxes and not pay for anything worthwhile.

P.S. Actually AZ is a pretty good state to live in.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:34 PM
Vegetarian

I got money back, but not because of my car. I'll be using it to tint my windows.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kephra
Yesterday, it was waiting in my mailbox.... $500.00 from the Commonwealth of PA for buying an HCHII. Funny thing was that my dealer didn't know about the rebate.
My dealer didnt know about it either. They did even know that the federal changed from a deduction to a credit.
How long did it take to get the rebate check? I sent mine about 3-4 weeks ago.
An ex-coworker had a lot of trouble last year after submitting for his rebate on a Prius. The state kept calling wanting more documentation each time.
I sent all the documentation I had through my state rep. I'm hoping that no news is good news..

Old 04-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Mine took about 5 weeks - although if you sent documentation through your state rep - who knows how that might affect the process.

I sent mine directly to the DEP. The needed additional information which was processed over the phone (I forgot to put my wife's SSN on the form - as a co-owner of the car). It was approved almost immediately after that and then waited 4 weeks for processing of the check.

Eric

Old 04-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Dave,

It took about a month. I sent the forms directly to the state. The only documentation I sent was a copy of my sales contract from the dealer.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Enthusiast

I just received $1,000 Sales Tax rebate from the Ontario, Canada government. It took them 4 months to get it to me.
Good news is for prospective owners is that they have now raised it to $2,000 rebate.

Quick Reply: Got my rebate check

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands