Guess I'll try for a 700mile tank too.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Guess I'll try for a 700mile tank too.

I normally fill up around 400 to 500 miles and usually have plenty of gas left. After seeing several people go 700 miles I'm going to give it a shot. I have 497 miles on this tank with 8 bars left and it shows 62.4 on the fcd. That said the 62.4 to me doesn't mean squat as I had several tanks that were off by up to 12%, not in my favor either.
I should know by fri evening. So until then it's no more cruise! Kevin

Old 05-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Guess I'll try for a 700mile tank too.

Hi Texashchman:

___700 miles for you will be a piece of cake. You are running the ULEV version, right? If so, 900 is a flat out gimme at 60 mpg w/ a small amount of overfill. 65 mpg and you can just fill her up. I am really surprised at the few here that push their hybrid’s tanks as they can drive a ton between refuelings even with the lower capacity tanks in some cases.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 05-17-2005, 06:30 PM

I've never hit 60mpg at the pump yet. That and I did just a round up at the pump so no real overfill. I should get it but I just don't like driving with a real low tank of gas.Kevin

Old 05-17-2005, 09:20 PM

i dont like driving with low gas either - i remember auto-stopping at a light with a slight incline with the gas light on and no bars of gas showing - when i let go of the brake, the engine didnt fire up as usual, and i had to push the gas to the floor, gettting full ima assist for two seconds before the engine started up and i was able to move again. perhaps it was just a blip but it sure scared me

i'm at 427.7 miles and 51.0 mpg showing on the odometer, four bars of gas remaining. don't know if i can make it to 600 miles, because the real mpg is overestimated at least 1 mpg by the car and i never top off. there should be at least 3.5 gallons of gas left in my tank, so maybe if i bring my average up i can make it to 600

Old 05-18-2005, 05:36 AM
Enthusiast

Is there an advantage of the AT-PZEV versus the ULEV version of the HCH besides emissions? The gas tank is about 1.3 gallons less. Why is that?

Is the other advantage the increase in warranty?
http://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/Documen...t/apl27540.pdf

10yr/150k on battery versus 8yr/80k?

and 15yr/150k on other parts?

Old 05-18-2005, 07:29 AM

I think the AT-PZEV car has a smaller tank because of the additional emissions hardware required to achieve the low emission rating. Am I right, Wayne?

Also, Wayne, you advised Tex that he could get a 900 Mile tank at 60 MPG? That would mean a 15 gallon fillup, which I doubt can be done in any HCH.....You think the tank can hold 1.8 gallons more than the rating? I don't see how that could be possible.....

Old 05-18-2005, 11:52 AM

What's the use of the huge font?
Just curious.

Old 05-18-2005, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hot_Georgia_2004
What's the use of the huge font?Just curious.
No particular reason - just to S-H-A-K-E the boredom out of the post.......

Old 05-18-2005, 02:37 PM

well the larger font is easier to read

Old 05-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Default Re: Guess I'll try for a 700 mile tank too.

Hi Lars-ss:

___Yes, the PZEV HCH has a smaller tank due to the different tank it uses vs. the ULEV HCH and it has to do with lowering evaporative emissions, not ICE emissions.

___There are a lot of things you may not believe possible. With that, you will find in short order what is possible in terms of real world - fuel tank capacity.

___The answer to your question about capacity has been posted throughout Greenhybrid and more then once in most cases. Let us see if you can find some answers to your own question and remove any doubt before you use the CAP locks and Large Font code again? Consider it an Easter Egg Hunt of sorts

Manufacturer - Stated fuel tank capacity:

03 Acura MDX: 19.2 gallons
03 Ford Ranger: 16.5 gallons
05 Honda Accord PZEV: 17.1 gallons
04 Honda Civic Hybrid - ULEV: 13.2 gallons
00 Honda Insight: 10.6 gallons
03 Toyota Corolla: 13.2 gallons

Actual fuel tank capacity:

03 Acura MDX: xx.x gallons
03 Ford Ranger: xx.x gallons
05 Honda Accord PZEV: xx.x gallons
04 Honda Civic Hybrid - ULEV: xx.x gallons <-- Hint. I have posted details within the last week!
00 Honda Insight: xx.x gallons
03 Toyota Corolla: xx.x gallons

___Find the maximum answer for every xx.x and post here when you have found them all … If you need help, just ask.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Quick Reply: Guess I'll try for a 700mile tank too.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands