HCH 2 flat out ! with photo's!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 04:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation HCH 2 flat out ! with photo's!

This friday my girlfriend and myself were enjoing a two day break. During breakfast we where discussing what to do that day. Well i've never been to Danmark so why not go there and so we did.

We decided to have our lunch in danmark. we stepped in the car and headed east towards Germany and the famous autobahn!

The trip towards Danmark was pretty busy with an occasonial trafficjam but with the cruise control on 145 kph we proceeded quite nicely.

After the lunch it was time to get back to the Netherlands. I decided to take a different route in search of empty roads. And we succeeded! Once we got past hamburg the traffic got lighter and at a steady 175 kph things were looking up. The sprint from lets say 120 to 175 goes verry well inthe hybrid thanks to the CVT. Not even loosing a lot of ground to the Audi's and beemers.

at a certain point we were moving along in a nice train of cars when we got held up by a few lorry's overtaking each other. You could fee the suspension building up a a knew that the 4 of us were gonna take advantage (abuse) of the empty stretch of road ahead of us

I switched to sportsmode (the european manual really calls it sportsmode, i know in the US its called short or something like that) and timed when the lorry would go to the side. At that time i slammed on the gas hoping to be able to follow the cars in front of me, and i did. Up to 175 i as able to follow quiete nicely but then it became an battle of HP vs winddrag. I could see the beemers and audi's disapearing in the distance.

180 got reached pretty fast but the car kept accelerating 185 then it started kreeping 190, 191 up to an indacated 193 kilometers per hour when i was approaching some traffic so i lifted of the gas. The gps recorded 189 real kph. I was sprinting al the way back to the netherlands and even so the fuel mileage averaged less than 8 liters per 100 km's wich is verry good when contantly going around and over 175!

a picture says more than a thousand words so here you go!!!!!!!!!

Oeps Claudia isn't used to the camera but luckily the next one worked out great.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH 2 flat out ! with photo's!

Interesting that your GPS said 189 and the dash said 193--were they taken at the same speed? What was your milage at that speed?

I used to live in Hamburg and my best friend lived in Flensburg so I've ridden on that section of autobahn up to Denmark several times. Where did your trip originate?

Old 04-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

My understanding is that the US Civic Hybrid is limited to 110MPH, which is approx 177KPH. Amazed that the vehicle can hit 193 (approx 119MPH)!

Old 04-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I didn't realy look at the instantanious fuel consumption, i preferred to keep an eye on the watertemp. But that complete tank came out around 7.9 liters per 100 km so pretty good for those speeds.

The photo's were taken at the same speed. 4km difference is verry good at those speeds. most japanese cars and bike have build in testostorenmeters instaed of speedo's. I know my old bike reached an indicated 278 wich can't be more than 250 real km's because it was an 600cc racer.

The trip started in Friesland (leeuwarden) and ended in Zuid Holland (near Gouda)

Old 04-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

I just have to say, that is so sweet. I'm picking up my new HCH next week. Can't wait to run it through it's paces. Though in Canada, I don't think I can reach anywhere close to 190 km/h without some consequences.

On a related note.. I was told that the HCH is the only car in the Honda line that has the same specifications (weight, dimensions, etc) for all models (North American, European, etc). Do you know if there is any truth to this rumour?

Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Kath,
You might want to "break in" your engine before you "run it through its' paces".

Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm not sure if the specs are the same for all versions. I believe i've read that the south american versions have sligthly less hp, because of the fuel quality.

The differences in equipment differ greatly so why not the rest of the car?? Think about suspension setting etc

Old 04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

lol, are you excited cause you hit 120 mph in a HCH 2 or 120 mph in general? 120 really isnt anything to jump up and down about, in my heads and cam 2002 Z06 I could hit 120 MPH in the quarter mile alone, and 180 top end. My 99 suzuki hayabusa now, that thing was insane. How about 150 mph in the quarter mile to a 9.56 sec pass? No BS. That thing was making 200 rwhp, and weighed 470 lbs. I managed 195 mph on it more than once, which took a measured half a mile from 100 mph. 180 rwhp from 1.3 liters naturally aspirated.

60 mph=100 kmh

Old 04-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

-120mph in a HCH-2: $0.16/mi on expensive european fuel

-The knowledge that it's completely legal: Priceless

Old 04-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Quick Reply: HCH 2 flat out ! with photo's!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands