HCH2 Hot-Spot

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCH2 Hot-Spot

So i was driving in to work this morning and my hand touched the gear shift base plate and i noticed it was warm right where the 'D' is. Not dangerously hot or anything only ~120 degrees or so. The rest of the base plate was not hot, just a very localized warm spot.

Oh, and it was 50 degrees outside and raining so it wasn't sunlight, or spilt coffee or anything else.

weird...

Bowdirk

Old 04-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH2 Hot-Spot

Originally Posted by BowDirk
So i was driving in to work this morning and my hand touched the gear shift base plate and i noticed it was warm right where the 'D' is. Not dangerously hot or anything only ~120 degrees or so. The rest of the base plate was not hot, just a very localized warm spot.

Oh, and it was 50 degrees outside and raining so it wasn't sunlight, or spilt coffee or anything else.

weird...

Bowdirk

yeah, i get this as well. i think it is the light that lights up the "d" since it is always on.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH2 Hot-Spot

Originally Posted by BowDirk

weird...

Bowdirk
I haven't looked, but if there's a little light that illuminates the letter D when the gear is in that position, then the bulb could be the source of the heat.