Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 06:18 PM
YA RLY.
Default Re: hello from Australia!

Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

oh well thanks for all your replies

some people can afford to buy a depreciating asset outright others cant i guess there is no right or wrong way, but at the end of it, its about the intangible pleasure you derive from such a purchase which counts and satisfaction it gives thats the main thing.

Old 02-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by masgian
I dont know about you guys but I can afford my cars (no matter which ones... yes... those too and ... that particular model... well, that's kind of insane but I think I could do it)

I bought my Hybrid because I drive alot and need good mpg (I dont care if I max it out) need the Carpool lane and need a new car. Regarding the good mpg is more than money... it's let's say half time spent at the gas stations... half time of getting mad for the ascending prices.

I drive 2k-4k miles a month, my hybrid almost has 2k but I bought it in 16 Jan, so figure out.... I like the smooth ride and it's true, it really calmed me down a bit...
That was my point when I bought my 03 a couple of years ago: I could not stand any more my stick shift car, communiting for 2 hours each way here in Los Angeles... I changed that car with only 35K miles on it. When I changed to the 03 HCH it was all quitness and tranquility. Plus it's even fun to drive while trying to max your milleage. I do not think I will ever buy another stick shift car ever (I grew up in Spain and drove stick until I was almost 30) nor another normal automatic, probably. The quietness of the car is what has me.

I traded in my 03 for an 06. Had almost 50K miles on it with just a bit over 2 years only, and I traded it for 2500 more than I owed. I needed to put new tires, a new windshield and had a few metal repairs to be done on it (including a new front bumper)...

I'm paying for it just a bit more than I was paying for the other car and I'm again covered under warranty. Not that I ever needed it on the other one. I never had a problem with the car.

Again, it's a mistake comparing an HCH with a regular civic. I would not have bought a regular civic on the first place, I would have bought another car, probably on the same price range of the HCH. But I would have to drive less, and I like driving. :o)

I actually ENJOY my commutes, and when I get home fast I think "darn, that was short today"

my 2c

Juan S. Fernandez
06 HCH OSBM
Los Angeles, CA