INSURANCE prices for hybrid civic

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Enthusiast
Default INSURANCE prices for hybrid civic

I have a question that I have tried to research on the internet, but haven't found much information. Does it cost a lot more to insure a Civic Hybrid than (just for example) a Civic Sedan EX? I have heard that since the technology is fairly new, and there are more parts, that the hybrids will be expensive. Anyone's thoughts on this are appreciated. Thanks,

-Pete

Old 06-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: INSURANCE prices for hybrid civic

I'm 28, got minimum coverage, and I pay about $400 every six months with GEICO on a 03 HCH. My driving record is clean and my deductables are high though.

Old 06-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

My son had a 03 civic EX and I have the HCH CVT 05. Insurance seemed to be about the same. I am 61, retired and mine is about $290 for 6 months. I got an 01 CRV and it is about $245. $1K deductable 100-300-100k This is in central South Carolina area. One odd thing is that insurance is cheaper on an Accord than a Civic. Dont know why.
Call your insurance company. They can tell you on phone really quick on any car you want.

Last edited by DTDRIVER; 06-30-2005 at 06:10 PM. Reason: left out line
Old 06-30-2005, 07:00 PM

Civics are high theft cars. Blame the ricers

Old 07-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: INSURANCE prices for hybrid civic

I don't actually recall the numbers now, but when I traded in my '03 Civic LX for my '05 HCH, my insurance company actually re-imbursed me about $15.00 for the remainder of my coverage (about three months' worth). So mine is actually a few dollars cheaper, which I attribute to the extra airbags, anti-lock brakes, etc that the '05 has over my '03. Which means for me, in Texas it is a wash.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

What do you mean about the Texas comment? I know what a wash is, but what's washing out?

Old 07-23-2005, 10:53 AM
I love my car
Lightbulb Re: INSURANCE prices for hybrid civic

Wow, after reading the replies to this entry I really hate living in Los Angeles. My insurance is about $1000 for six months or roughly 170$ each month.
keep in mind i have a clean record! however, I am only 23 so that might add to the fact that my insurance is so high. I can't imagine what life would be like having to pay less than half of that! what a dream!
but anyway, insurance has A LOT to do with location and your age. having a new car has a lot to do with it as well, but i doubt the civic hybrid would be much more expensive than most cars.

Old 07-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Any insurance agent should be able to give you a quote and compare the two. Don't know where you are shopping, but my Dad is an agent and quoting for different vehicles was something he could easily do (and did for me often). Civics are high theft, but you'd have to be a village idiot to steal a hybrid, other than for the parts that are common to a Civic. The getaway won't exactly be quick either, although you could make it out of the country on a tank of gas (or two). :-)

Old 07-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbearballs
What do you mean about the Texas comment? I know what a wash is, but what's washing out?
Informal An activity, action, or enterprise that yields neither marked gain nor marked loss: "[The company] doesn't do badly. That is, it's a wash" (Harper's).

Old 07-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Banned
Default Some Places Offer Discounts for Defensive Driving

This will depend on the laws in your state or province, but Texas offers a defensive driving discount.

Texas allows one ticket a year to be dismissed by taking a six-hour defensive drivers course (also available on the internet). Also, many insurance companies will reduce your rates - 15% for three years in mine.

Quick Reply: INSURANCE prices for hybrid civic

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands