Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ipod

Does any one have the ipod connection installed? Must you get it installed through the dealership?

Old 03-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ipod

Just get a cable from Radio Shack. They're about $3 or $4. It's the same as the headphone jack for the iPod, but instead of headphones on one end, it's got an identical jack on both ends.

Last edited by dlingner; 03-23-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Make sure you do some research here on GreenHybrid before you purchase the MusicLink. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Old 03-24-2006, 04:44 AM
YA RLY.

This is a half-assed effort on Honda's part. Control over the iPod is really sad compared to other OEM solutions. The only benefit is charging your iPod. Use the aux jack near the power port. Much cheaper and much simpler solution.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Hybrid True Believer

Personally, I'm not even all that impressed with iPod. The battery life on my iPod Mini isn't very long, and it always seems to find a way to turn itself on (and thus drain the battery). The iPod desktop software is not very intuitive. The software patch for RealPlayer is *very* buggy.

I use RealPlayer because I can push music onto an iPod, my PDA, my ZIP drive, whatever. But when I try to sync my iPod, it literally takes 36 hours to sync 898 songs. My PDA holds about 400 tunes and takes about 45 minutes. Go figure.

I'm selling my iPod on eBay and I'm going to buy a 2 GB chip for my PDA so I can put all 898 songs on it.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:16 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm with dlinger....get an Aux cable works fine for $2.00. In my '04 HCH I used a Griffin iTrip, the Aux cable works much better.

I'm big into music and my iPod, I looked into the connector offered by Honda, and to me it didn't seem user-friendly enough to justify the cost.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:25 AM
amf
amf

I have recently installed the Harman Kardon Drive+Play in my 06. Although expensive, I really like the interface and large display. I will try to take some pictures on my next day off and post them for you, as well as some tips for installation

Old 03-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AshenGrey
I use RealPlayer because I can push music onto an iPod, my PDA, my ZIP drive, whatever.
Check out Anapod. Very easy interface to transfer music to iPod. I use it on my Nano. Drag/drop functionality.

Old 03-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amf
I have recently installed the Harman Kardon Drive+Play in my 06.
Yep, That Drive+Play rocks.
Clay

Old 03-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Enthusiast

what is anapod?

Quick Reply: Ipod

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands