iPod (and other devices) hardwire

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast

I'm waiting for my local Honda dealership to find me an HCH (5 speed). If and when I get it, the first thing I want to do is hard-wire my iPod so that I don't have to use an FM broadcaster.

I've read online that if you buy your own head-unit then the input is simply RCA. Does anybody know ...
1) How easy it is to physically get to the "head-unit" of the HCH?
2) What kind of inputs it has waiting for the extra bay. ( I will not have the 6 disc changer. )

I have the Belkin Auto Charger and it has an audio out jack. I want to wire that to my HCH's sterio.

Thanks for the help,
-=geoff

Old 06-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast

I use my iPod every day in my HCH, alpine is coming out this summer with a box that will give you full control of your iPod and charge it when used with thier head unit (you can toss the iPod in the glove box and leave it), I for one will be first in line.

in the interim I use the griffin iTrip fm transmitter, that is the only way to get a signal into the HCH without doing what you are talking about. the quality isn't that good but mainly it is for audio books that have been downloaded the the iPod so quality isn't that important.

Old 06-07-2004, 06:59 AM
Enthusiast

Videian,

Thanks for the reply. I too am anxious to see the new head unit by Alpine. I also have an FM tuner, but am not satisfied with the quality. ( I don't just listen to books, and travel through areas where I need to re-adjust my radio station to avoid static. )

That said, I've also found some instructions for getting into the hybrid's head-unit. Once (if) I get my HCH then I'll check it out and post what I learn.

-=g

Old 08-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

I'm planning on using this:

aux-pod

It's supposed to allow you to control your iPod directly from the stock stereo. I'll find out for sure in a week or so when it gets here.

Old 10-11-2004, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast

Any news on that aux-pod? does it work? is it easy to install?

Old 10-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast

i clicked on his "'04Civic Hybrid" link and he has pictures and an explanation about the process and how it's working. Check it out. (Greg, sorry I spoke for you, could you give us the part numbers you ordered please so we don't make any mistakes, the websites that sell the HON-AUX etc.. don't seem very well made.)