I've unstealthed my HCH.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I've unstealthed my HCH.

Hot_Georgia_2004:

Thanks for sharing your experience with this. I avoided making some vinyl stickers about 70mpg because of this sort of thing. People already have a hard enough time believing that and assume that the high mileage is the best, and not a true average. Just driving around an Insight and having the plate "BEST MPG" is enough of a public awareness display for me. Even if they don't know what the car is capable of, they at least see that it exists!

Someone keying my car in a parking lot also changed my mind about putting some small vinyl text on the side windows for anyone curious enough to inspect the car. Just like the Honda Ridgeline has been seen by some as an assault on thier views of a what a truck should be, it seems like there is a bit of a backlash against hybrids. We're challenging their status quo, and some people don't like it.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:51 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

Originally Posted by MoJoWryter
So, um, how far "up" can I round? The readout shows great mileage just after I fill up & reset at the station at the top of a very long hill
My lmpg is 50.9 but for the last five tanks or so, I have been averaging close to 60 mpg. (BTW, I credit this entirely to the help I have received at Greenhybrid.com.) So when people ask, I tell them I average 50 mpg, but have been getting closer to 60 lately.

They blink, they nod their head, and say, "You're kidding, aren't you?" I laugh.

I am on a run of 5, soon to be 6, tanks of 700 miles plus.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Talking another new sticker.

and I revived this thread from the dead.....

Well, here's my latest sticker until I think up one for next week. Put one on both my HCH and Insight. Might keep them on a week or two until I get bored with them. or until I get threatened.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Banned
Default Re: another new sticker.

Amen!

Ever notice that the people we really admire are not obsessed with what they wear, drive, or who they hang around?

Originally Posted by rigger
and I revived this thread from the dead.....

Well, here's my latest sticker until I think up one for next week. Put one on both my HCH and Insight. Might keep them on a week or two until I get bored with them. or until I get threatened.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Vegetarian

hahahahaha! very funny sticker.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:43 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I think one has to be a true Simpsons fan to REALLY understand it and appreciate it.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Does anybody know where I buy/custom-make a plastic window sticker (the type that adheres to glass but can be easily removed) online? If so, please link me, I'm interested in making something similar to the "(battery included) greenhybrid.com" bumper sticker sold on cafepress.com

Old 10-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My wife wants the my car sips sticker... your car sucks. That's one funny sticker.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm thinking about a rear window LED display that shows the instant MPG, fed from a scangage or other OBD2 reader. Obnoxious, but showing REAL numbers in REAL time, big enough so nobody can miss it. Nobody can argue with that sort of evidence in their face. Well, nobody rational, that is.

"I am getting --> XX.Y mpg RIGHT NOW"

Old 10-08-2005, 05:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

could this work? although i don't know if you could feed it information on the fly, but you could store messages like "45 mpg" or "50 mpg" and switch them with a remote:

ebay listing here
comes with a 12' long 12V adapter
search ebay for "led message" and you should find many sellers of this particular item, some with better ratings than others.

Quick Reply: I've unstealthed my HCH.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands