I've unstealthed my HCH.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I've unstealthed my HCH.

You know the 06 civics dash really looks cool, kinda trekish.. and the new body is a lot better lookin than the 04', looks like a long prius w/o the hatch I like it!

Just my 2 cents

Old 01-28-2006, 06:23 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

Originally Posted by ElanC
What about wassabi?
As I mentioned before, the color of the car - nothing to do with it being a hybrid. BUT, since it is a green Japanese car - Wazabi (Wasabi) is perfectly fitting. Especially since it is green in more than color.

Wasabi: A very popular seasoning that goes well with seafood. It is always eaten with sushi and sashimi. Vividly green, wasabi has a strong scent and spicy taste. The proper way to grate wasabi is on sharkskin. If unavailable, use a finely tooth grater in order enhance flavor. Wasabi grows very slowly in clean streams thus it is expensive raw. Wasabi is sold in powder or in tubes of paste

Old 01-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Vegetarian

I think they were suggesting two Ss. As in having your plate say "WASSABI" instead of "WAZABI" or "WASABI" Not why does it say wasabi/wazabi.
Isn't wasabi a mustard? That's what I've always heard. And what is the nastly looking thing next to it? Looks like a dirty plastic screw. Bleh!

Originally Posted by masgian
I'm not ashamed... I'm just cautios.. And I also hate to explain to much I dont wana be the hybrid evanghelist...
I haven't had any strangers ask me about my car yet, even since adding the 50+ mpg sticker. I'm actually kinda dissappointed, I'd like to knock people off their feet: "Do you really get 50+ mpg?" "Yeah, on this tank I actually got 59 mpg" I guess I'm not at the gas station often enough.

Last edited by IMAhybrid; 01-28-2006 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

wasabi is the Japonese green horseradish... It's very good with sushi/sashimi. I like it. Some ppl eat it on stake also... Enjoy food with tears in your eyes (for full effect)... sounds kind of bad but it's actually very good. For the first try, dont use to much, it could be to hot for what you are expecting. enjoy...

rigger, chill out man,

Old 01-28-2006, 04:59 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Uhh?..yeah..oohhhkkk masgian. In the words of a great man -Eric Cartman- "You don't know me, I can do what I want" Look that one up if you don't know the readings of Eric Cartman, one of the wisest people of our time.

I'm very very sorry ElanC, I misread your post. It was quite early this morning when I read that. What a retard. DOHHH!!! DUHH!! I didn't think of the double "s" since the "z" wasn't taken I went for that. Thanks KT for covering for me. The thing (raw horseradish?) beside the tube looks like one of those "slim massagers" that's been left at a garbage dump then picked out long after it was dumped off.

Anyone in Florida that is thinking of a vanity plate, I asked if CRDLESS was taken and it's available. That was one of my choices if all the versions of Wasabi were taken. ALIENGRN was another consideration.

wasabi is the Japonese green horseradish... It's very good with sushi/sashimi. I like it. Some ppl eat it on stake also... Enjoy food with tears in your eyes (for full effect)... sounds kind of bad but it's actually very good. For the first try, dont use to much, it could be to hot for what you are expecting. enjoy...

rigger, chill out man,

Old 01-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: I've unstealthed my HCH.

I think what Cartman actually says is, "whatever, I do what I want!"

And, speaking of unstealthing. My GH plate frame came today.

Last edited by bar10dah; 01-29-2006 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Vegetarian

I second Keith, Cartman says "whatever."
For the first try, dont use to much, it could be to hot for what you are expecting. enjoy...
I went to this Japanese resturaunt with my little sister and her best friend and her family, and my sister's freind's little sister had this blob of wasabi and was like, "Oh here Katie, try this" and so I ate it...
Originally Posted by rigger
Thanks KT for covering for me.

Anyone in Florida that is thinking of a vanity plate, I asked if CRDLESS was taken and it's available.
No problem. And good one, I wish I could have gotten a vanity plate.

Old 01-29-2006, 06:46 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

I can see where some people stand on a stealthed hybrid, if you're "holding up traffic" in the right lane by doing the speed limit they blame the fact that you're driving a hybrid and not because you are the one person that is actually following the law.

There's really no hiding an Insight, so no use stealthing it. Oddly enough MANY people don't know they are a hybrid. Many think they are an EV. How many Insight owners have had the question about the towing eyelet cover on the front? The question normally goes, "Is that where you plug it in?"

KT and Keith, you're right. He actually said, "I slaughtered five baby seals with my bare hands. What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!" and "It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt!" (sorry to veer the thread off subject, back to the normally scheduled program)

Old 01-29-2006, 06:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I didn't know it was a hybrid either. The first time I saw an Insight was when I was stationed in Biloxi. I was on my way over to Pensacola and stopped off for gas in or near Pascagoula. The teen age gas station attendant owned it. That was sometime mid 2002.

In fact, I didn't know the Insight was a hybrid until this past summer.

Last edited by bar10dah; 01-29-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:00 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

If it was Citrus it may have been my car. Mine was sold new in Mobile. I had been wanting an Insight since day one. I drove one with 5 miles on it back in 2000. Too small for my family at the time.

The "Is that one of those hybrids?" question is asked at least once every other day. I normally overhear my students joking about it in the hall (the hall overlooks the parking lot in my building).