Maximum Speed and Speed Limiter

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Maximum Speed and Speed Limiter

Originally Posted by pptudela
I am shure I had gas, I just filled the tank with 93 octane premium gas (as the Mexican model manual requests), but I had no bars at the battery gauge. I took my car to the dealer to check this months ago, and they even tested the car themseleves to find out the car couldn't get to the top of a hill without battery. They said they requested help from an engineer in the Honda HQ in Guadalajara, but he told them that this was normal, as the engine is very small.

In my experience the car has very good power when the battery is charged and the electric motor is on. When it has no battery the gas engine is very small to power the car alone. Maybe it's due to the difference between American an Mexican models. I still have very good milleage.

Thanks for your reply.
The car "could" easily get up the hill without the battery, but it's not programmed that way

Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast

I assume that in the USA, liability concerns mandate a speed limiter, while in Mexico, if you wrap your car around a tree at 120mph, you can only blame yourself.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Active Enthusiast

@ pptudela, you are one of the users of civic hibrido in mexico??i was reading in car and driver less than 100 sellings of this model in mexico..

just bought a 2003 model, can use in leon, gto. with texas plates (german nationality)...

muchas gracias...

florian

Old 03-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The Civic Hybrid's gas engine should have enough power to get up steep hills, even from a stop (as long as one doesn't exceed weight limits)

The only thing I can think of is possibly the road was like this:

In this case even a regular Civic with 2.5L engine would have trouble ?

-Steve