My wonder honda salesman says xm is included in hybird w/nav

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 06:57 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: My wonder honda salesman says xm is included in hybird w/nav

Originally Posted by dqdave
tiger, you dropped $700 on a xm radio?
tell me you got the nav........come on.....life is short
Hi Miller; You asked and you shall receive.

My 2006 Civic Hybrid
Hybrid Continuously Variable Transmission with Honda
Satellite-Linked Navigation System

Options Are:

(1) Custom Honda Pin Stripes (To-Match-Interior-Color)

(2)..... Full (Legal) Window Tint

(3)..... Splash Guards

(4)..... Full (Honda) Nose Mask

(5)..... Chrome Exhaust Finisher

(6)..... Fog Lights

(7)..... All-Season Floor Mats

(8)..... Auto D/n Mirror W/ Compass

(9)..... Interior Illumination

(10)... Leather Steering-Wheel Cover

(11)... Xm Satellite Radio $299.00

(11)... Xm Radio Attachment $46.00

(11)... Xm Radio Antenna $99.00

(12)... Bass System Speaker Kit

Selected Accessories (Installation Cost Not Included):

I don't think that I left anything out, DO-YOU?

Have-A Nice-Day

Terry

Old 11-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My wonder honda salesman says xm is included in hybird w/nav

Your Honda salesman is a LYING SACK!

Old 11-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Beware, XM is addictive. My '05 HAH came with 3 months free and then you have to subscribe ($12.95 per month). With the NAV, each artist and song title is clearly displayed in a small tasteful font on the NAV screen. Selection of music is excellent (150 channels, regardless of musical taste it's there) and reception is top notch, almost CD quality. I have listened to FM probably only twice in the 4 months that I have owned my HAH. Once you go XM, it's hard to go back to the same old same old of commercial radio. If I were to get a HCH, I would definitely go for that option if availabe at a reasonable price. I'm not sure that $446 is reasonable though. With mine it was "included" and who knows, I may have paid twice that much for it. Always easier to swallow when "included" even though the sticker price is higher, than to add 5 more bills to the purchase price.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:06 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!

As I stated in another thread, XM Radio is included in the EX COUPE with NAV. The EX Sedan and Hybrid Sedan with NAV have an XM READY radio. You can see this in the Coupe Brochure and at HondaCars.com.

To me...it sucks...

Old 11-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dqdave
This is a true or false question. Even though I hoped it would be included with xm, (more toys) I'm convinced is just xm-ready. But my wonderful honda salesman says its "really included with nav"

Does anyone know the "real answer". And, if included, nav looks like a value. (to us that get lost alot).

FALSE!!!!

Just go to the Honda web site and build your own car. You'll see for yourself.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:49 AM

From what I've heard, installing integrated XM into the car is very difficult and complicated and the labor costs are astronomical. So it's actually really expensive getting integrated XM, but much cheaper buying a separate XM unit and feeding its output to the auxillary input of the radio.

"XM Ready" simply means that it's possible to have XM integrated with the radio controls.

Old 11-19-2005, 05:44 AM
Enthusiastically Active

I just purchased the Roady XT for my HCH.

http://shop.xmradio.com/detail.aspx?pid=89&cat=8

It comes with everything you need for use in the car, and there are a lot of places online where you can get it for $34.99 (with rebate). It got great reviews on several websites, and the 06 HCH has a great spot to put it under the climate control, especially since there is a discreet aux and power jack down there. I will post pics when it is installed next week.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:36 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Of course if you're not going to have the dealer install the XM tuner, there's no reason to stick to XM. It's just as easy to use Sirius, since you'll be hanging on a separate antenna for whichever you chose.

I went with a model similar to the Roadie for the Sirius service, but chose the other because there's a few different programming options that one has over the other. (I listen to NPR a lot, and Sirius has the exclusive contract for that, plus Howard Stern and Martha Stewart (I'll pass on those two.) Meanwhile, XM has NASCAR and Playboy

The both work the same (I've had both, in different cars) and the billing is basically the same. Plus, if you get radios for multiple receivers (you pay a subscription for each one) then the additional receivers are at a discounted rate. I have two, so it's $12.95 + $6.95/mo for the two.

I don't konw about the XM billing but Sirius is like Tivo - you get a discounted "lifetime" subscription rate of $499 (per receiver) and that can be transferred up to 5 times to new receivers, so as you upgrade your audio equipment (or trade cars, if you have the radio built in) you don't lose the investment. (Meanwhile, a TiVo "lifetime" subs. is good for one receiver only.)

Also (as of today - this stuff changes a lot) Sirius includes free web access with your account, so you can log in on their website and listen to the same programming online when you're at your computer. It's a decent internet radio but neither satellie network is 100% commercial-free, like if you were using a service like MusicMatch Radio or Live365.com BUT... it's "free" with the Subscription (on Sirius - I think XM still chages a small up-sell for web access.)

AND (last one, I promise) both services offer a "home kit" which is basically an antenna that works in your home, so you can pull the gadget out of your car, and use it in your house by routing the sound through your home stereo. That looks like about a $40 add-on for either service (will vary depending on which receiver you bought for your car.)

It's a (much!) easier install in the non-hybrid because of the fold-down seats, so you can stick the antenna on the center/back of the roof (sticks on with a magnet - very car wash-safe) then run the wire into the main compartment and up to the receiver, tuck it in around seats and carpet.

Since you can't get through the back seat panel into the trunk, on the 03, I stuck the antenna on the passenger side roof over the center pillar, got everything hooked up, and then tucked all the additional/loose wiring into the pocket on the back of the seat.

For the 03, it fits right in the little cubby next to the e-brake and is out of the way. The 06 will be a neater fit with that little cubby under the Climate controls. (the one I bought has its own remote, so there's no readhing around behind the transmission lever to switch channels.)

Old 11-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Enthusiast

Wonder why Honda did this with the HCH? Our HAH came with XM and three free months of service. This was with the NAV.

Cool thing I like about XM is that you can go month to month for however many months you want. The more months you purchase in advance the bigger the discount you get. There is no contract.

With Sirius there is a contract. The XM stuff seems to be a bit more complete and I think the XM signal comes in better.

Old 11-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by Yozho
With Sirius there is a contract. The XM stuff seems to be a bit more complete and I think the XM signal comes in better.

Ummm.... No.

I'm doing Sirius Month-to-Month. The subscription rate is less if you buy yearly, but M-2-M is $12.95/month on a single radio account. (I have two so it's $12.95 + $6.95/month)

I've run both services in different cars, cross-country (one car has run both services,at different times) and I didn't see any great difference in signal strength or signal drops between the two.

I'd narrow it down to more of a choice between hardware (it was included in the head unit I choose for the car, etc.) or the prgramming.

Think of it as choosing between Showtime vs HBO, and Sony vs. Panasonic

Quick Reply: My wonder honda salesman says xm is included in hybird w/nav

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands