Navi Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Navi Questions

I have a few questions about the Navigation System in the 2006 HCH.

1. Is there any way to get the clock to display full screen once you click the OK button and the map screen displays. I can only get it to switch between the audio screens and the map screen but never back to the full screen clock display.

2. Playing around with the voice commands I pulled up a screen that gave the GPS information for my current location (ie. longitude, latitude, and some other info). Once I closed that screen I have been unable to get that screen to appear again. How do you display the GPS info on the screen? I don't remember what I said to get it to display.

3. Is there any way to sync the calendar system with a PDA or data on a PCMCIA card?

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navi Questions

1. Yes, albeit I forgot how at the moment. Next time I'm in my car, I'll get it to display. But by then, I'm sure someone else will have answered.

2. "Display current location" is how you get it to pop up. Alternatively, you can click on the arrow that represents your car within the map screen at any time, and it too will pop up that same screen.

3. I have no idea about that, its not a feature I'm that interested in, so I wouldn't know. Sorry.

Hope this helps, some....

Old 04-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The calendar only allows one entry for a day (no specific time can be entered for an appointment)... so it's basically useless (unless you need to remember your anniversary, or something like that!). No reason to sync something as lame as this to your PDA (and no way to do it, either... as far as I know).

Old 04-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kinadorm
I have a few questions about the Navigation System in the 2006 HCH.

1. Is there any way to get the clock to display full screen once you click the OK button and the map screen displays. I can only get it to switch between the audio screens and the map screen but never back to the full screen clock display.
Thanks!
"Show Clock"...is it, I think. If not - maybe "Display Time". Shoot...now I gotta go out and check.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Shoot...ok, neither of those worked. Now I'm interested in seeing if anyone knows. :-(

Old 04-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Enthusiast

My car is back home right now so I can't check, but I think in one of the setup screens there's an option "Show Clock" or something like that. I don't know if that works or not though, I didn't have enough time with my new car before spring break ended.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

you can either:
1. press the setup button then "clock".
2. say "setup" then say "clock".

both will bring up the clock after the map screen has come up.