Navi RCA Pre AMp Output

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Navi RCA Pre AMp Output

Does anyone know if the HCHII with Navi has RCA Pre amp outs or any type of output on the back of the unit? I tried searching but no luck. Thanks!

Old 04-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Default Re: Navi RCA Pre AMp Output

No, I doubt it does. When I got my amp installed, the stereo techs ran a RCA converter off the back speakers. Now, they could have been lazy and this could have been the cheap/easy route to go, but I doubt it has one or else they might have considered it. I don't think Honda incorporates that into the NAVI system since they doubt hybrid owners are going to be stereo geeks also....but thats just my guess.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:31 PM

By the way, running the converter off the back with my Kenwood amp and Kicker Competition Speakers sounds REALLY good. Except for the small rattling that comes from the rear deck, it sounds excellent. No sound loss quality at all.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by mexiken
By the way, running the converter off the back with my Kenwood amp and Kicker Competition Speakers sounds REALLY good. Except for the small rattling that comes from the rear deck, it sounds excellent. No sound loss quality at all.
Try some Dynamat for the rattling sounds comming from the rear deck.
I thought that at least the Navi model might at least have RCA's.....I was also thinking that maybe the crapy dealer installed XM radio reciever might be connected via RCA. I know for sure when I take apart my dash next weekend to install the FM signal booster and in-line static filter I bought to hopefully give me a little better reception on my FM radio.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:28 AM

Adam,

I already have LOTS of it back there, and some insulating foam as well. Helped out a lot, but STILL rattles. Its A LOT of bass....

Worst of all, it seems both of those things work WORSE in cold weather. As in, the rattle is WORSE in colder temps, but sounds SWEET in hot temps. Well, I guess I have the summer to look forward to....

Old 04-19-2006, 02:23 PM

It's Official! I pulled apart the car today to get to the Navi to install my FM radio Amplifier. There are no RCA Pre-outs on the Navi. I was so dissapointed, even though before hand I knew that there wouldn't be any on the back of it.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Adam, don't suppose you've got any photos of what's behind the Navi... do you??? If you do, and you could post, that would be great! Thanks.

ps. I used to live in MD, too... in Pasadena.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:43 PM

No, unfortunately I didn't even think to take any pictures of 'what's behind the Navi'. There are several connectors that go into the unit. There are two open block type connectors that are not in use. The antenna connector is not the regular universal connector(round with a prong) but the standard 2005-up Honda box connector. There also is a fan in the back of the unit to cool it down. Pretty neat. There is a unit made by Alpine that will connect into one of the open connector ports to allow the hook up of RCA, 1/8' stereo jacks and other audio items as well, but the unit is like $300.