Navi XM Firmware update

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navi XM Firmware update

Originally Posted by blinkard
Unless I screwed up when installing the iPod adapter (everything works, so I think it's okay), there's an unused jack in the back of the nav unit.
How do you like your iPod adapter?

Old 04-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navi XM Firmware update

Originally Posted by AZMerf
How do you like your iPod adapter?
Well, I hate cable clutter, so I do think it's a better solution than plugging a cable into the AUX port and running a power adapter. To be honest, though, I'm hoping that someone comes up with a way to plug one of Alpine's real iPod adapters (and Sirius tuners) into our bus. The connectors are physically different than Ai-Net or M-Bus, but what are the odds that Alpine came up with a totally new set of protocols just for Honda?

But to get back to your question, the Music Link adapter works as it says. I haven't had any problem selecting what I wanted to listen to, but having to put audio tags on my iPod is a pretty stupid kludge. (Installation is easy, in case anyone else decides to try it.)