New Honda Hybrid owner here

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Honda Hybrid owner here

Hello everyone just took delivery of my 2006 Honda Hybrid today and even though this is my first post I've been reading these forums learning everything I can for the past month. To my fellow southern california soon to be hybrid owners I'd like to say that the process was not bad at all. I got my Hybrid through Honda of Escondido at sticker price of 22700 and I got the call 2 weeks ago that they had the color hybrid I wanted coming soon so I raced down secured the car and yesterday they called me that it had been delivered and I picked it up today. I also had the dealer rush my registration so I should have my plates by Friday and I'll immediately apply for the HOV sticker. After reading some of the stories here I was pretty worried but everything went just as the dealer told me they would. If anyone looking for a hybrid at sticker price wants the number of the salesman I dealt with (been knowing her for 10 years) I'd be more than happy to pass it along.

Anyways I love the site and now I can actually contribute

Old 08-03-2006, 05:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Honda Hybrid owner here

Let me be the first to welcome you.

It's great that you had such a hassle-free experience. I'm from Massachusetts and, although hybrids are in high demand, I was able to get one under MSRP with very little negotiation. After reading the horror stories from California on this forum, I was thankful for the ease of my experience.

What color did you get?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

I got the Magnetic pearl color. Did my daily 60 mile commute this morning and it was a very smooth ride I must say. Did not go over 75 mph and coasted whenever going downhill. Im really liking this car so far.

Last edited by marcello696; 08-03-2006 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Enthusiast

Hello, welcome to the Hybrid world. I’m also a new hybrid owner and after owning my 06 HCH Silver w/ NAV is am pleased with the ride, and especially the mpg since I’m averaging >45mpg compared to the 20mpg I used to get in my RX-8.

A friend of mine has the Magnetic Pearl and the color looks really good, especially the interior. OK, OK, I have the same blue two-tone interior and am partial to it.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

Magnetic Pearl is a nice color. I got Galaxy Gray because they had one in stock. The only color I wasn't willing to consider was white.

It only gets better as you drive it. Although skeptical of it at first, I have come to really like the CVT. It's as smooth as silk. Now I really notice the shifting in our other car.