Not getting my HCH 06 - Sad day after all the excitement - long

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Not getting my HCH 06 - Sad day after all the excitement - long

Originally Posted by Katz6768
Hi CamelFilters,

Congratulations ! Sounds like you've got a really good deal for the Prius, I am sure you're really going to enjoy it.

I am also planning a long trip this summer, my wife and I plan to drive to Florida. I know the storage on the HCH is very limited because of the battery, the Prius for long trips is probably a better choice. If we don't get the 2 HCHs before June, we would also consider Prius and it is good to know that they are available.

I found it really disappointing that the Honda Dealership [you were dealing with] would change from being able to get the car in a few days to it will take months. In our case we were told a few days if we can find one in stock or 6 weeks if we need to order it. Now they don't remember saying 6 weeks, their actitude is don't call us, we will call you when is here .
Yeah, i shared the same experience with honda and their promises, fortunately i insisted to add a time limit on the invoice contract to their delivery because the car was not in stock. they're selling me nothing but "air" during that moment. So i was able to back out when it expired; no amount of convincing even by the manager can make me change my mind into making a new contract with them

The prius is a really good car. try test driving one before making a decision; i know a lot of people argue about it's shape. but try going inside it and test driving it and see how it compares to the HCH. regarding space, it is a hatchback so you'll be able to fit many more things than an HCH. I dont know if you're into the "space age" technology that's inside the prius but it's something that will impress your wife, as it did with my gf. To me that was not the driving choice of buying one,however, its the availability and since i realize i need it for long trips, storage space is also a must. My gf likes to carry her whole entire wardrobe . Futhermore, the ride of the prius is too much on the soft side; almost to the point where it feels like i'm riding on marshmallows and the civic on the other hand feels stiffer and sportier; this is a personal taste and your mileage may vary. Lastly, the steering of the Prius is tuned to be very soft while the civic feels more "normal", again this is personal taste. To me it did not matter.

Having driven both, the perfomance is noticable: the prius is quicker than the civic but that wasnt an issue with me also as i test drove both in the highway once i got to around 120km/hr and settle in my lane of choice I can immediately slow down and cruise at 110km/hr where gas consumption is at it's most efficient regardless of any of the two cars. Although i did read somewhere that the Civic does better in the highway because of the smaller engine, but these two cars are already "sipping" less gas compared to any econoboxes out there and the differences between both should not be a concern.

Whatever your decision will be, i would like to say good luck,
hopefully everything will work out. But one word of advice; try the prius out too before jumping. get a good feel of both cars, it may change your mind .
best regards,
gj