Not Very Happy With Civic Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Not Very Happy With Civic Hybrid

Originally Posted by rysa4
Honda's is much smarter as an assist throughout the entire speed range, while Toyota's system becomes a non factor as you increase speed.

Toyota is best for city driving and honda is best for highway.
Toyota is not settling any class action law suites for not achieving claimed milage or buying back cars under the lemon laws. Honda civix do not even meet the revised numbers

Old 07-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lasvegascivix
Toyota is not settling any class action law suites for not achieving claimed milage or buying back cars under the lemon laws. Honda civix do not even meet the revised numbers
Sure they do. Check the database here. As far as Toyota, you must be kidding. they have more recalls and lawsuits than any other car manufacturer out there. They are having huge huge problems at this time, even within the past week.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast

They are having huge huge problems at this time, even within the past week.
Not related to MPG, Honda is should be ashamed to fight a lemon law case by claiming the technology is new. If they cannt meet their claims, don't sell the car.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:14 PM

Right on. So like 400,000 Toyota recalls, Toyota and Lexus models being pulled off the market suddenly, and people gettin killed should just be ignored while a single lemon law case is won by a consumer with a Honda lemon. Hint - GO TO BED

Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Enthusiast

Your foolish, if you have facts to defend the Honda Civic hybrid not achieving their outlandish MPG claims already proved a lie in a class-action lawsuit bring them forward, otherwise just stop drinking the Honda koolaid.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Your foolish, if you have facts to defend the Honda Civic hybrid not achieving their outlandish MPG claims already proved a lie in a class-action lawsuit bring them forward, otherwise just stop drinking the Honda koolaid.
Okay - there were actually 480,000 toyota avalons recalled last week. The real count is in the millions for all Toyota and Lexus vehicles.

My byline has my average MPG in it, and there are thousands of data entries on the HCH 2 in the database. Those are the facts.

There was one lemon recall on an HCH 2, and one class action settlement that I was part of, due to the car not getting 51/49 which was the sticker at the time. I personally get that mileage, although not usually in the summer with E-10 and high air conditioning use.

I haven't noticed any facts in your posts. I am not defending Honda - but the HCH 2 has been very reliable for me and very inexpensive over the past 4.5 years. If it wasn't I'd be driving something else. ( beyond the other vehicle I already own)

Old 07-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Enthusiast

Oka

I haven't noticed any facts in your posts. I am not defending Honda - but the HCH 2 has been very reliable for me and very inexpensive over the past 4.5 years. If it wasn't I'd be driving something else. ( beyond the other vehicle I already own)
You should read this thread:
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@.f145abe/344

then read my thread:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-recals-24632/

Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean its not real. Honda is avoiding the truth. Whatever that may be. I have facts and experiences. I have no idea what is wrong, and Honda is not saying.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by cheezmo1
You should read this thread:
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX?14@@.f145abe/344

then read my thread:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-recals-24632/

Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean its not real. Honda is avoiding the truth. Whatever that may be. I have facts and experiences. I have no idea what is wrong, and Honda is not saying.
There are certainly a couple of folks on this and other threads with endless complaints about their particular car and complaining about the Civic Hybrid because of their anger with Honda or their dealer because of their particular car.

But there are huge numbers of us that are extremely happy with our Civic Hybrid. We've had our 2006 for 4.5 years and put about 65,000 miles on in highway, city, and hill driving. Reliability has been superb. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong. Mileage at 60 MPH averages 47 to 49mpg and sometimes higher (measured on numerous trips on I-10, 290, and I-45). The CVT is a wonderful transmission, especially on the highway. Honda's technology remains superior to Toyota.

I, for one, am completely delighted with our 2006 Civic Hybrid. Will certainly replace it with another Honda in 10 or 15 years, after we hit 250,000 miles or more. (unless by then I can finally afford a Ferrari...

--M

Old 07-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Enthusiast

Major auto manufactures do not settle class-action lawsuits when they are not wrong. You need to research the case, the claim was the owner could not achieve more the 34 mpg. Honda settled as part of a coverup to hide the truth, Honda is embarrassed by the poor MPG of their hybrids, They are the worst performing small hybrids available, I never question their reliability.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:09 AM

Major auto manufactures do not settle class-action lawsuits when they are not wrong. You need to research the case, the claim was the owner could not achieve more the 34 mpg. Honda settled as part of a coverup to hide the truth, Honda is embarrassed by the poor MPG of their hybrids, They are the worst performing small hybrids available, I never question their reliability.
I was part of that case. And its been discussed ad nauseum on this board as well. There were significant user issues with the one person who drove that case. I have the settlement papers with me as well. The HCH 2, is arguably the best performing hybrid out there.

Quick Reply: Not Very Happy With Civic Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands