OE Bluetooth. integration

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 10:47 PM
IMAddicted to IMA
Default Re: OE Bluetooth. integration

Thanks Arbittan; it's a great explanation you have on your website.

I noticed that there were two pdf files, while in a previous post you said there would be three.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Bluetooth. integration question

Why did you not get power from the map light circuit? That seems that would have saved you having to tear the A-pillar moulding off.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Orient Express,
I wanted to use the 6 pin connector located on the interior fuse box. The Auto Dimming Mirror and Interior Lumination both use this to power themselves.

Blueconnect has three cables; yellow (acc), red (power), black (ground).

I tied the black cable to the existing ground point under the dash and tie the other two cables to purple.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by jat1793
Thanks Arbittan; it's a great explanation you have on your website.

I noticed that there were two pdf files, while in a previous post you said there would be three.

Sorry about that. There are three documents.

1. Blueconnect Unboxing 1 of 1
2. My installation of Blueconnect in a Honda Civic Hybrid 1 of 2
3. My installation of Blueconnect in a Honda Civic Hybrid 2 of 2

I have updated the website to reflect the change.
Thanks for catching that one

Old 11-04-2007, 02:40 PM

I have to admit, the Blueconnect is an awesome device. Not only does it look like a factory installed option, it performs exceptionally well. The speaker is very loud (if you adjust it that way) and people can hear you very well. When I first saw the unit up close, the color trim wasn't an exact match, but after installing the unit in the car, you cannot tell it is a different shade of gray. The installation process was smooth but does require a steady hand when cutting into your headliner. I don't know the price of a new headliner, but I wouldn't want to find out either

The pairing process is done completely by voice command (which itself is very refined).
When you receive a phone call, the system alerts you with a soft "Incoming phone call" female voice prompt.

Just like in my Mercedes, when I turn my car on, my phone automatically attaches to the Blueconnect and is ready to recieve and monitor for calls. Actually, this unit has more features than what my Mercedes had.....

Making a phone call is just as simple, press the call button and the system waits for your command. You can store custom names to the unit like "home" or "John Smith" or you can tell it to dial a number, each time it will confirm with you before executing the function.

The system also includes a very easy one button privacy feature. This allows you to send the call back to the phone's handset (never know when the boss is angry at you).

All and all, the unit in its first day of usage had proven itself to be a great competitor to Parrot, Motorola, and Nokia's car kit systems.

I looked at each one of those systems and Parrot almost made my cut to buy but their system just looked too complicated to install. Also all of those systems had a button that needed to be installed somewhere on your dashboard...

If you are looking for a complete OEM look, the Blueconnect is the way to go. There is no doubt, I will be able to sell my Civic in the future to someone at a higher resale than a Civic without this option.

Thanks.

Last edited by arbittan; 11-04-2007 at 02:43 PM. Reason: .
Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the very detailed instructions!

Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM

You are welcome.

Product Update: People that have personally seen the unit in my car love how integrated it is in the car. The talk button on the unit is also very close to the one located on the steering wheel of voice activated navi versions!!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:02 AM

Site is back up now.. Exceeded the bandwith of the provider...

Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

That was a very nice write-up that you had and I am contemplating whether or not I should give it a try.

Is there a visual display (caller id) so that you know who is calling? And also can I dial out through the bluetooth?

Old 11-16-2007, 03:59 AM

The unit is completely voice activated.

I believe it will inform you of the name of the caller if you have it stored in its phonebook. Otherwise, it just informs you that you have an incoming call.

There is no callerID display with this device.

It's not a hard installation, but does require a steady hand and sharp cutting tools.

Quick Reply: OE Bluetooth. integration

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands