One Touch Window

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default One Touch Window

Is anyone else having a problem with their drivers side one touch window on the HCH II. I seem to be having the hardest time if I only want it to open an inch or two. It seems to have a mind of its own and goes all the way down almost every time.

Old 05-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: One Touch Window

Originally Posted by dburanich
...It seems to have a mind of its own and goes all the way down almost every time.
Mind of it's own? Are you having a problem even when you don't press past the "click"?

Every time I open the window, I press down too hard past the click and it starts going all the way down - but that is my own fault

I've got to learn to press the button without so much force!

Old 05-12-2006, 04:03 PM
06 HCH Opal Blue Pearl

Is anyone else having a problem with their drivers side one touch window on the HCH II. I seem to be having the hardest time if I only want it to open an inch or two. It seems to have a mind of its own and goes all the way down almost every time.
Slight push (or pull) takes it down and up till you let go. Push a little harder, past the not-so-noticable click, and it will go all the way down. Same for going up. Takes a bit to get the feel.

Bob

Old 05-13-2006, 07:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

It seems like no matter how lightly I push the switch the window goes all the way down. Same thing going up. Based on what I'm hearing here, it sounds like I may have a bad switch. I do not feel a distinct click when depressing the switch.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:32 PM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

It seems like no matter how lightly I push the switch the window goes all the way down. Same thing going up. Based on what I'm hearing here, it sounds like I may have a bad switch. I do not feel a distinct click when depressing the switch.
I don't feet a click in my switch either. Sometimes just a real quick "very light" tap will move it just a bit. Other times, it goes all the way down. My guess is that it's a design flaw. Other cars that I've had have not been this "touchy".
Good luck,

Old 05-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

hmm...i don't really have this problem. i am able just to roll down the amount of window i need without having it go into auto mode. i guess you guys are a lot more harder on the switch. hahaha