Questions for Canadian 2006 HCH Owners...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Questions for Canadian 2006 HCH Owners...

1. Is there a way to switch the gauges from Metric to Imperial?

2. Does the 62 mile bug exist on Canadian models?

3. Which do you see more of on Canadian streets: Prius(s) or Civic Hybrids? I've probably seen a over a dozen Prius II's, but not one Civic Hybrid (excluding the one I own, of course). Strange, since the HCH costs about $5500 less than the Prius...

Old 04-11-2006, 02:40 AM
2006 Civic Hybrid
Default Re: Questions for Canadian 2006 HCH Owners...

Originally Posted by MrBond
1. Is there a way to switch the gauges from Metric to Imperial?

2. Does the 62 mile bug exist on Canadian models?

3. Which do you see more of on Canadian streets: Prius(s) or Civic Hybrids? I've probably seen a over a dozen Prius II's, but not one Civic Hybrid (excluding the one I own, of course). Strange, since the HCH costs about $5500 less than the Prius...
1: Yes

2: No

3: In order of appreance: Pirus II, I, HCH II

Old 04-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TreeHugr
1: Yes

2: No

3: In order of appreance: Pirus II, I, HCH II
I would like to rephrase question number one ... How do you switch the gauges from Metric to Imperial? I don't remember coming across that information when I was browsing the driver's manual (and I don't have it with me at the moment to reference). Thanks.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

1. You need to hold the Temp./Fuel Eco. button down for a bit. It beeps and the dash becomes metric or imperial.

2. I guess the 62mpg bug becomes the equivalent in metric. =D

Hope these help.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:24 AM
2006 Civic Hybrid

Hold down the "Display Change" button on the left side of the dash (next to the odometer reset button).

Display Change Button
Every time you press the display change button, the display changes from the current fuel mileage to the temperature gauge, or from the temperature gauge to the current fuel mileage.

Press and hold the display change button until you hear a beep. Each time you press he button, the speedometer, trip meter, average fuel mileage and current fuel mileage readings switches their measures. Depending on the selected measures (mph or km/h), the trip meter and odometer readings are shown with miles or km. The average fuel mileage and current fuel mileage are shown with mpg or l/100 km.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

But I think his question is:

When you switch from L/100km to MPG using the display change button, MPG are display in US MPG. What he would like to have is Imperial MPG. (Me too by the way) Here in Canada, before we started to use the metric system, we were using the imperial system.

1 US gallon = 3.75L
1 Imp gallon = 4.54L

Old 04-11-2006, 10:52 AM
2006 Civic Hybrid

Originally Posted by Soleil24

When you switch from L/100km to MPG using the display change button, MPG are display in US MPG. What he would like to have is Imperial MPG. (Me too by the way) Here in Canada, before we started to use the metric system, we were using the imperial system.

1 US gallon = 3.75L
1 Imp gallon = 4.54L
I don't thank that's an option, I think it's U.S. MPG only.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

1 US gallon = 3.75L
1 Imp gallon = 4.54L
I actually did mean the USA system when I referred to Imperial. (To be honest, I forgot that there was a difference between the USA and Imperial gallon until you reminded me).

I generally prefer the Metric system, but L/100KM seems like such an "unnatural" method of measurement, so it's good to know that I can switch to MPG if I choose to.

Old 04-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

1 US gallon = 3.75L
1 Imp gallon = 4.54L
Hey, that's a great way to improve your fuel efficiency. You get a lot more miles per Imperial gallon.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrBond
I have yet to see another HCHII. Interestingly, I saw 3 Prius II in Oshawa and Whitby yesterday, and a Prius I on Monday. I guess the Prius II has more lead time on the market than the HCHII.

Quick Reply: Questions for Canadian 2006 HCH Owners...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands