Remodelled/revamped Hybrid Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:01 AM
Noz
Active Enthusiast
Default Remodelled/revamped Hybrid Civic?

I tried to find information about the next generation Civic Hybrid (III?) and couldn't find anything...but I did read somewhere about a remodelled body and possibly better range?

Anyone heard about that?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Remodelled/revamped Hybrid Civic?

Honda will introduce a new hybrid by 2009 that the company hopes will challenge Toyota’s hybrid market dominance. Honda confirms that the new hybrid will be smaller and cheaper than the current Honda Civic Hybrid and will be an entirely new vehicle, not merely a hybridized version of an existing model (such as the expected Fit Hybrid).

But since the 2008 Prius will be totally redesigned, able to do a nine-mile commute to work without the engine, a targeted mileage rating of 113 mpg, with lighter and cheaper batteries, one would assume that Honda wouldn’t be too far behind. Especially since this new Prius is supposed to be offered for 30% cheaper from the one’s manufactured today and offer a larger, stronger engine with improved 0-60 and ¼ mile performance.

Why can’t we get those high mileage diesels like those guys from across the pond?

Old 02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Noz
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xavier6162
Honda will introduce a new hybrid by 2009 that the company hopes will challenge Toyota’s hybrid market dominance. Honda confirms that the new hybrid will be smaller and cheaper than the current Honda Civic Hybrid and will be an entirely new vehicle, not merely a hybridized version of an existing model (such as the expected Fit Hybrid).

But since the 2008 Prius will be totally redesigned, able to do a nine-mile commute to work without the engine, a targeted mileage rating of 113 mpg, with lighter and cheaper batteries, one would assume that Honda wouldn’t be too far behind. Especially since this new Prius is supposed to be offered for 30% cheaper from the one’s manufactured today and offer a larger, stronger engine with improved 0-60 and ¼ mile performance.

Why can’t we get those high mileage diesels like those guys from across the pond?
Thanks Xavier for the info. Any chance you could post the sources so I can use them on other sites?

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here is one of many.

http://www.hybridcenter.org/hybrid-timeline.html

There are several sites by Google search. Try 2008 Hybrids or Future Hybrids...and of course....this is all over the Prius side of the fence. I came across it by accident by searching for Corolla Hybrids (2010).