Seen many HCH2's?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 06:50 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Seen many HCH2's?

I live just east of Toronto. I've only seen a HAH in my neighbourhood twice, an HCH1 once at a Wendy's; haven't seen any HCH2 around yet.

My workplace is just down the road from GM Canada's headquarters in Oshawa, so I do feel kinda weird sometimes driving in my current car (Toyota RAV4), especially when I see the "Buy Domestic" licence plate frames the union puts out.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:20 AM
enthusiast of some sort

Hello,
In Southern CA it'll probably be a function of how many miles you commute, the time of day and if you have a carpool sticker. I only notice about 2 max HCH2s a week. Probably the same ones. I am assuming all the other HCH2s are in my lane either in front or behind the entire trip.

Driving the non hybrid, since before January 28th, while sitting in the fast lane in traffic, I notice about up to thirty Priuses/day in the carpool lane. I only saw 1 HCH2 back then and he was probably waiting for his sticker also.

I'm glad I got the HCH.

Fairways and greens,
Mike G.

Old 03-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast

I live in Pittsburgh, and the only one I see is mine.

Old 03-24-2006, 06:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've only seen one one other since I got mine....(my Dad's still waiting for his MP HCH II) it was dark grey and the license plate said: NO4N-OIL.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Enthusiast

Mine is the only one I've seen in the Detroit area so far. Seeing as it's home to the Big 3, nearly everyone in the state works for them or one of their suppliers (myself included) and gets a discount on top of the insane deals they've been blowing out, there's a definate buy American attitude here since it affects us so directly.

Seen a couple of Prius's but not many. I'd say less than 12 since they did the redesign a few years back. There's about a 6 month wait list on those right now. I got lucky and was able to get my HCH after only waiting 2 days.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast

That's what i heard, anything other than big 3, the cars sit in the lots. I work in the Bay Area (CA) and we have at least 8 Priuses at our company's parking lot. Mine will be the first HCH in the lot.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast

In the last month I've seen three of the '06 on the 101 freeway in southern California. Two friends of ours are taking delivery on the HCH after test-driving ours. The hybrids are flying out of the showrooms in the LA area- between the tax incentives, commuter lane access and gas mileage, hybrids make the most sense for LA commuters.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PA Runner
I live in Pittsburgh, and the only one I see is mine.

Forget what I said. I saw a silver one today. It is getting to be a regular movement or something . . . .

Old 03-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast

I live in Fayetteville, NC and I have only seen my HCH II.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast

Had mine since December and its still turning heads. I've seen other Civics, just not HCH2s. Thanks to supply!

Quick Reply: Seen many HCH2's?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands