Sirius receiver placement

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Sirius receiver placement

Has anyone found a good place or method for mounting a satellite radio receiver in their HCHII? I have an 06 w/ Navi and the Sirius Starmate receiver. I currently have it down near my knee in the lower left coinhholder nook, which is not working out so well. The optimal solution for me would be some sort of all in 1 mounting bracket that plugs directly into the power outlet and aux. jack, but I havent seen anything quite like that (except for ipods) for sale anywhere.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 02-24-2006, 08:30 AM
06 HCH
Default Re: Sirius receiver placement

I mounted my sportster's docking cradle with velcro on the sliding cover over the cup holder. Not great but atleast no holes. Make sure you get the antenna on the top of the car. I mounted mine on top of the trunk. Have fun!

Old 02-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Enthusiast

Buy this mount:

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/EzSwivel.html

You can attach the starmate mounting backet to it. This puts it near the Aux jack and power source. Also, it will NOT get in the way of the gear shift.

Old 02-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Enthusiast

I got the small receiver with the blue back light (which matches my dash lights!) and I had it mounted in the small pocket between the gear shift and the cupholder. Fits perfectly!

Old 02-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
I got the small receiver with the blue back light (which matches my dash lights!) and I had it mounted in the small pocket between the gear shift and the cupholder. Fits perfectly!
Between the cup holders and the gear shift? There is a little tiny space for coins there. I keep my garage door opener there. How did you fit it there?

Old 02-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Enthusiast

I got the Sirius Starbase, seen here:

http://www.shopping.com/xPC-Sirius_S...tarbase_SC_FM1

It fits perfectly!!

Old 02-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earthgrrl
I got the Sirius Starbase, seen here:

http://www.shopping.com/xPC-Sirius_S...tarbase_SC_FM1

It fits perfectly!!
Why would you mount it there...you have to look so far away from the road to see it.

Old 02-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Enthusiast

I don't need to look at it. My favorite stations are preprogrammed, and I know the buttons by heart.

I like that it fits perfectly in there and is very unnoticeable.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Enthusiast

I have found the area where the 3 blank plates are, at your left knee, to be quite good, as it's otherwise unused for me, and discrete. The Sirius Starmate, black version (not the silver model at Radio Shack) has TiVo-like pause ability, and has a blue backlight like the dash illumination, so it looks quite at home.

The disadvantage is that the right rear and front passengers can't see the display.

I hope this helps a bit, I do plan to post pictures.

Last edited by tinkererguy; 08-10-2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Enthusiast

Ok, pictures posted, in pdf slideshow format, I think it'll give you a much better idea of how it looks. No permanent holes, who knows what I'll have in 2-3 years. And you'll see I didn't bother with external antenna mount, although reception is a minor problem once in a while, this certainly was an easy installation anybody could do, no tools required.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2006 Honda Civic EX & Sirius.pdf (683.3 KB, 450 views)

Last edited by tinkererguy; 08-12-2006 at 06:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Sirius receiver placement

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands