Sort of excited, on wait list for 2006 HCH!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Sort of excited, on wait list for 2006 HCH!

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Advance The Man:

___XM is in the NAVI and I am sure you pre-ordered the HCH-II with that option, right?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net
Heck yes, will never own another vehicle without navi integrated. I've never had sirius or xm and from what I've heard it's like Navi - once you get it you never do without. Look forward to it.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

Everything Lar-ss says about the lack of safety in SUVs is true for many SUVs, EXCEPT for a few -- the Acura MDX is much safer than most vehicles.
Risk of dying in one vehicle vs another by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is an excellent resource. Combine these stats with crash tests to find out what's really safe.
The Acura MDX has 6 driver deaths per million vehicle years from rollover and 35 overall. Compare this to the 2dr 2wd Chevy blazer with 308 total and 251 rolloover deaths.
The 2001-2002 Honda Civic 4dr is 67 overall and 13 rollovers. The new Civic has a number of safety improvements, and should me considerably better than the 2001-2002 models. One of the reasons I'm tempted by the 2006 is its improved safety features, particularly for collisions with large trucks and SUVs.
Unfortunately, the Prius is such a low volume seller that IIHS doesn't list it.
So, don't worry about carrying your kids in either vehicle.
--Walter

Last edited by Walter; 09-09-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Good info Walter....thanks for that !!!

Old 09-09-2005, 02:08 PM

Hi Walter:

___As per your usual, you find the diamond in the rough … When the 02 MDX’s were just hitting the street, the data was weak but there was a trend of limited numbers of deaths per passenger mile being bantered about in the MDX forums. By 03, the numbers were pretty solid but there was still a nagging VSA issue (it was brand new in the 03 MY) that continues in the MDX even today. That being said, the MDX’s stats with millions of miles traveled show a relatively safe automobile by comparison to many which I was happy to see! 6th gen Accord’s did not do to bad either. With side curtains and bags in all 05 + Accord’s and 06 + Civic’s, hopefully the safety trend towards fewer deaths will continue?

___Thanks again for the link and hard data. Very interesting indeed!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 09-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi Walter:

___As per your usual, you find the diamond in the rough … When the 02 MDX’s were just hitting the street, the data was weak but there was a trend of limited numbers of deaths per passenger mile being bantered about in the MDX forums. By 03, the numbers were pretty solid but there was still a nagging VSA issue (it was brand new in the 03 MY) that continues in the MDX even today. That being said, the MDX’s stats with millions of miles traveled show a relatively safe automobile by comparison to many which I was happy to see! 6th gen Accord’s did not do to bad either. With side curtains and bags in all 05 + Accord’s and 06 + Civic’s, hopefully the safety trend towards fewer deaths will continue?

___Thanks again for the link and hard data. Very interesting indeed!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
Interesting stats. What is the problem with the VSA - no problem with mine (at least I don't think). Sidenote Wayne, what's the optimum tire pressure for the MDX?

Old 09-09-2005, 04:47 PM

Hi Advance The Man:

___A bit OT per the threads intent but VSA does not work as well as it should in the MDX for some reason? It works as designed but it just doesn’t work that well is all. There was a real safety tech guy that used to or maybe still hangs out over at AcuraMDX.org and he would post tons of info about it. NHTSA, IIHS, CR, car mags, everything. I think he had a Japanese sounding last name and also owned an RX330? Anyway, he would post RX results as well as the MDX’s and the MDX never really faired well in some particular lane maneuver or obstacle avoidance test w/ VSA from 03 onward? I was just over their looking today and saw someone post something about the 05’s VSA still not living up to its promise vs. the Toyota/Lexus’ solution … That is why I posted what I did.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 09-09-2005, 04:49 PM

Hi Advance The Man:

___Sorry I missed the second part …

___When it’s in my wife’s hands as her daily driver, I run them at 36. When I get the chance to drive some distance, the X-Terrains go immediately to 40

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 09-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The one I'm buying from took a $200 refundable deposit and I'm allegedly on the top of the list. He hadn't heard of this tax credit for 2006 but had no problem waiting. My only requirement is dark interior with Navi. They will sell at MSRP with no bs fees.

Im sorry to hear your going to pay msrp for the car. Thats a real shame.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by psyshack
The one I'm buying from took a $200 refundable deposit and I'm allegedly on the top of the list. He hadn't heard of this tax credit for 2006 but had no problem waiting. My only requirement is dark interior with Navi. They will sell at MSRP with no bs fees.

Im sorry to hear your going to pay msrp for the car. Thats a real shame.
If I hear of a lower price, I'll buy it from them. I did contact six dealers and I will contact dealers just prior to the new year. But I honestly don't have a problem paying msrp for this brand new model along with approx. $3000 tax break.

Old 09-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The tax break is nice

I think you will enjoy the 06. Im looking forward to a test drive in all the new Civics. Prices from my dealer and the ins. cost. Then a deal will be made hybrid or coupe. I spoke with my dealer just today and was asked if I would be intrested in a insight when we bought. I told him if the price was right and it was new, we would consider it. I think there working with Honda to see if they can get a boat load of insights at a good price. He assured me they would be the cheapist in the country. He also said there will be a steady stream of all the civics this year. And Accords. I look forward to our next purchase at Mark Roberts Honda in Bartlesville Ok.

A Insight for cheap. That could be the way to go

Quick Reply: Sort of excited, on wait list for 2006 HCH!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands