Tire Pressure:losing 6 psi per week

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Tire Pressure:losing 6 psi per week

2008 Civic Hybrid losing about 6-7 psi per week in both front tires. Brought the car to the dealer 2X (under Honda Care) when one was losing air. The first time I was told there was no problem found, the second time I told them that the place where I bought the tires sprayed the valve and said it was leaking from there. The dealer said there may be a $19 charge and I told them I wasn't paying since number 1 I reported the problem less than two weeks earlier and 2 the car has Honda Care. The service advisor said to me "we'll see". An hour later they came back to me and again they said they couldn't find anything wrong, therefore it must be a porous rim, estimate $500 and not cover by Honda Care.
Several months later the two front tires are leaking. I confirmed again the leaking valves with the privately owned Honda/Acura only shop I go to and they said that it is indeed leaking at the bottom of the valve stem so it would be the valve and TPMS.

Has anyone else had this problem? Was it covered? My next door neighbor has the same car, 2 months older than mine and three of hers leak also.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tire Pressure:losing 6 psi per week

Originally Posted by jenlu2000
The first time I was told there was no problem found, the second time I told them that the place where I bought the tires sprayed the valve and said it was leaking from there.
If the valves are leaking your problem is with the tire shop, not with the dealer. The shop might have had a box of defective valves. Any reputable shop would fix this for you for no charge.