Using 06 NAV screen for external DVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Using 06 NAV screen for external DVD

I was intrigued at the prospect of using my expensive NAV screen as a video monitor for an external DVD source. I have seen 3rd party units that converted other automobile NAV screens to accept outputs from DVDs. Most of the research I have done show that these 3rd party systems only support NAV screens for the 05 CIVIC Nav models.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party system that supports the 2006 Nav system for the Civic?

-CFB

Last edited by chimyfolkbutter; 02-26-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Using 06 NAV screen for external DVD

Originally Posted by chimyfolkbutter
I was intrigued at the prospect of using my expensive NAV screen as a video monitor for an external DVD source. I have seen 3rd party units that converted other automobile NAV screens to accept outputs from DVDs. Most of the research I have done show that these 3rd party systems only support NAV screens for the 05 CIVIC Nav models.

Does anyone know of a 3rd party system that supports the 2006 Nav system for the Civic?

-CFB
'05 Civic NAV?????

Check some of the Acura forums. I know of people who have taken the Acura NAV system and hacked it to use as a DVD display. I believe the NAV in the '06 HCH is quite similar to the NAV in the '05-'06 Acura TL.
As far as I know, it involves cutting/splicing wiring....not really something I'm interested in doing on my brand new car - but hey, go for it.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JimHolmgren
'05 Civic NAV?????

Check some of the Acura forums. I know of people who have taken the Acura NAV system and hacked it to use as a DVD display. I believe the NAV in the '06 HCH is quite similar to the NAV in the '05-'06 Acura TL.
As far as I know, it involves cutting/splicing wiring....not really something I'm interested in doing on my brand new car - but hey, go for it.
Check out Coastaltech.com and their ulitmate lockpick 2. It is supposed to unlock all nav lockout features, plus I inquired specifically about the aftermarket dvd player hookup. I was told by their support staff YES, you can hook up the DVD player to it and that it is CURRENTLY being tested specifically for the 2007 TCH. I would keep checking with their support people support@coastaltech.com
Bill

Old 08-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WillyBill
Check out Coastaltech.com
That's http://www.coastaletech.com/

And their stuff seems to be for Toyotas only, not Hondas.