What do you wish the 06 HCH had?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:30 AM
Enthusiastically Active
Default Re: What do you wish the 06 HCH had?

Originally Posted by tanstaafl14
To those of you wishing for a fold-down rear seat, forget it. FYI, the IMA battery is located between the seat and the trunk.
I realize this, but it seems like there would be other places they could put it.... side of the trunk, beneath rear seats, etc.... Not having folding rear seats was nearly enough to sway me towards the Prius. Toyota solved this, and their hybrid system is much larger..... although understandably the Prius was engineered specifically as a hybrid.

As far as the Acura TSX goes..... my point was that there is definitely the market for a compact luxury hybrid sedan. While a few luxury appointments in the Civic is good enough for me, I think a hybrid TSX or Lexus IS300 would sell like hotcakes to those who like a luxury nameplate on their car.

Old 04-14-2006, 07:11 AM
rgx
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by katnmike
...And, because the batteries are dead, the chip in the key does not sync up with the alarm computer. When you get a charge back on that battery, off goes the alarm! ...
Does it have alarm? I was just going to set up an alarm on the wish-list. The brochures and other material over here is unclear on the alarm item. In most places it says the car has remote central locking, but no alarm.

When you bought it, was it standard or optional? Please let me know.
Rolf

Old 04-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Actually what would make a lot of marketing sense would be for Honda to knock off the branding piece that Saab did with Turbo, and be the first line to go all-hybrid.

Not necessarily *standard* on every vehicle, but an engine option in each line.

That, and a Toyota Avalon killer.

I really need to have a station wagon-type-vehicle in my garage, and the Euro version of the Accord wagon looks like a hearse, so that's out (it has the same general shape of the last generation Camry wagon.) I'd love to have a Pilot instead, but not without the hybrid. That would allow enough room for me, dogs, AND luggage, all inside, on a rainy road trip

Old 04-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Proud owner HCHII

RGX

I see that you are in Sweden. You will definitely have an alarm system. What colour Hybrid have you ordered? European models have the standard US Civic sedan colours - red ,white, black, silver, royal blue, neutron blue and grey. This is because there is no equivalent sedan in Europe only the 4 door new Civic hatchback made in Swindon, UK. There is no Navigator, but Leather is a factory fitted option.

Tulip

Last edited by Tulip; 04-14-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

a six speed hybrid tsx...*drool*

Old 04-15-2006, 05:53 AM
rgx
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Tulip,

the colour is "alabaster silver", and it is a 4-door sedan. They don't make the hatchback in hybrid version. So I guess the cars we get over here are the same and made the same place as the ones in US.

I will continue investigating the alarm issue. Due to lots of national regulations on car alarms, the OEM alarm might not be fitted in all countries.

Regards,
Rolf

Old 04-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Proud owner HCHII

rgx

All Honda Civic hybrids are made in Suzuka, Japan. Alabaster Silver Metallic is a non-US hybrid colour, I think you only get this range if your country does not import the standard US Civic sedan (where for some marketing reason the Hybrid colors are not so appealing). Ask your dealer to lend you a drivers manual before you take delivery. Mine did. Are you getting grey fabric or leather?

There will be an alarm. You can ask Honda Sweden what type is fitted. You can e-mail them. Is your car a 1.4 IMA ES ?
It is an excellent car I am sure you will like it and this website is just the right place to learn about it before delivery. I did..

Have just looked at www.honda.se/bil/models and I guess you have looked at the brochure for the Civic Hybrid which I saw. It should show an alarm under the security' heading?

Last edited by Tulip; 04-15-2006 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Enthusiast

All wheel drive.

Old 04-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Z71
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hey Z71;

What about some Pics

Like up close and then back off some so we can see the side of the car woth front and rear wheels showing. All, what size and type of tires did you go with when you switched to the EX Wheels?

Hows that Fuel Mileage after the Change?

Regards;

Terry
Looks just like a Civic EX. I swapped the tires and wheels on my first tanks so I don't know if there ia any difference in FE.