What do you wish the 06 HCH had?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What do you wish the 06 HCH had?

besides what was mentioned,
an umbrella in the driver's side door...ala vw passat .
a bigger gas tank.

and while i'm dreaming, a built in rear sunshade would be nice too

Old 11-16-2005, 03:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nimbus2k
- wheels that don't look like leftover props from Plan 9 From Outer Space.
Too funny!

Old 11-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

Originally Posted by zimbop
But when i got my 2004 I ended up really liking the CVT. It's not annoying the way I found automatics to be. Don't hate it till you've tried it, you might actually end up liking it.
I have a 05 FEH with eCVT and hate it.

Old 11-16-2005, 01:56 PM

Must be the difference between hondas cvt and toyotas/fords. I also always loved MT but I would now always get cvts if they are as nice as the one in my civic.

Do Escapes have a sport mode for the transmision?

Old 11-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

1) I can sacrifice the MT if it's true that you couldn't outsmart the CVT. But while we're talking MTs, if they ever decide to put one back in the HCH lineup, it'd better have 6 speeds. We're never going to know if a frugal driver could out-maneuver the CVT, 'cause Honda's not letting us do the side-by-side. I wish they would on the HAH and make a coupe, because that would be my dream car.

2) The wheels look flippin' ridiculous. I could not drive that car with those wheels, and that's all that seems to set apart the HCH from the regular Civic. I like being able to ID potential fellow travelers from the front or rear... The styling cues from the SI would have been nice.

3) A coupe or coupe/hatchback. While the Insight is too small, a four door Civic is unnecessarily large for my needs.

I still have less than 13,000 miles on my '04, and owe like maybe $12k, with 2.9% APR. If I drove more I'd probably buy a new civic because the initial MPG reports look great. But I just don't drive enough to justify it.

Last edited by stevejust; 11-16-2005 at 04:59 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevejust
I could not drive that car with those wheels, and that's all that seems to set apart the HCH from the regular Civic. I like being able to ID potential fellow travelers from the front or rear... The styling cues from the SI would have been nice.
The hybrid also has a rear spoiler that sets it apart from the other Civics...

Old 11-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: What do you wish the 06 HCH had?

Illuminated steering wheel-mounted cruise/audio controls.
They're on the accord and my toyota prius.

Old 11-16-2005, 05:14 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: What do you wish the 06 HCH had?

Originally Posted by stevejust
1) I can sacrifice the MT if it's true that you couldn't outsmart the CVT. But while we're talking MTs, if they ever decide to put one back in the HCH lineup, it'd better have 6 speeds. We're never going to know if a frugal driver could out-maneuver the CVT, 'cause Honda's not letting us do the side-by-side. I wish they would on the HAH and make a coupe, because that would be my dream car.

2) The wheels look flippin' ridiculous. I could not drive that car with those wheels, and that's all that seems to set apart the HCH from the regular Civic. I like being able to ID potential fellow travelers from the front or rear... The styling cues from the SI would have been nice.

3) A coupe or coupe/hatchback. While the Insight is too small, a four door Civic is unnecessarily large for my needs.

I still have less than 13,000 miles on my '04, and owe like maybe $12k, with 2.9% APR. If I drove more I'd probably buy a new civic because the initial MPG reports look great. But I just don't drive enough to justify it.
Hi stevejust; This is going to maybe shock you some, but I drive like maybe 8 miles to work and then 8 miles back home in the evening, all I forgot I do drive to lunch every other week and that round trip would be another say 6 miles there and back, I did forget the weekends didn't I?, all maybe another 15-20 miles round trip.

Hey come on and be a sport and get you a new 06 HCH and join the gang. It is not what we need, it is what we want.

I just traded in a brand new 2005 Civic and it had I think 6,930 miles on it when I arrived at (Gary Force Honda) in Bowling Green, Ky. to deliver it to them and pick up the loaner they put me in until the 06 HCH arrives in Jan. 2006.

You only Live once and as they always-always say, "You-Can't-Take-It-With-You".

Come on and Join up

Terry

BTW: I thought you new they sell other (Wheels) that fit the 06 HCH:

Old 11-16-2005, 06:03 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

Hi, actually lkewin's 16 yr. old son but I like the hybrid hubcaps. Then again, im kinna a sci fi nerd.

agreed though, the exterior needs more variety in color (ie. actual colors not the 3 shades of off white/grey)

Old 11-17-2005, 05:36 AM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter

Originally Posted by zadscmc
I have a 05 FEH with eCVT and hate it.
It takes a while to get used to. My first impression with our 03 HCH was that it feels a little like driving a golf cart because there's no perceptable "clunk" between gears - because there ISN'T a "gear." Just "forward" and "Backward" and "none of the above."

That, and the auto-stop takes about 2 weeks to realy get used to, especially if you come out of a car that had "problems" so that any time the car turned itself off at a stop sign, it was usually the genesis for a call to AAA.

That, and it makes all your luddite friends think you really got suckered with a "broken" car, until they realize it's SUPPOSED to do that. That look from a new passenger just never gets old.

Quick Reply: What do you wish the 06 HCH had?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands