What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Default Re: What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

Originally Posted by MHRWC
Honda's MSRP is always the same no matter where you go. It doesn't change unless the dealer adds accessories to the vehicle. So, when people talk about MSRP, they are referring to $22,400 w/o nav and $23,900 w/ nav.
Yes, but what he was referring to is a dealer officially selling the car for MSRP but with mud guards, wheel locks, a cargo tray, etc., added on, along with labor, which puts the price well above MSRP, and then they might add BS fees to increase the price even more. So someone might call it MSRP in that no markup was added, but unnecessary accessories and especially overstarted labor and worthless fees increase the price alot more.

For me, I am going to get some accessories installed, but at some later point. I will definitely buy that dimmer mirror; I test-drove a hybrid with it installed and it is quite nice, and the compass is really useful. I don't like the nav unit but a simple compass is invaluable without it.

Old 11-19-2005, 07:09 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

My 06 HCH W/Nav. Price Was:

$23,900.00 HCH W/Nav. & Destination Charge
...... 300.00 Doc Fee
... 2,047.00 Accessories
... 1,957.00 Labor Install For Accessories
.28,204.00 Total Less Taxes; Title Transfer, Etc.

I Paid $26,504.00 For 06 HCH W/Accessories & Labor .....(Plus-Taxes)

That is a Savings Of $1,700.00 Dollars Plus A Free Loaner car For 3 1/2 Months and No-Car Payment On Trade In 05 Civic. They took it and paid it off. So Trade-In-Amount on 05 Civic was Locked-In:

HTH

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-19-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:36 PM

Yeah, you're weird, Terry. Well they were ripping you off with that doc fee but it looks like they gave you labor almost for free in recognition of the fact that you got such a huge amount of accessories. And the loaner car is a good deal. How much did they give you for your Civic, if you don't mind me asking? And it was a HCH right?

Old 11-19-2005, 08:05 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Yeah, you're weird, Terry. Well they were ripping you off with that doc fee but it looks like they gave you labor almost for free in recognition of the fact that you got such a huge amount of accessories. And the loaner car is a good deal. How much did they give you for your Civic, if you don't mind me asking? And it was a HCH right?
Hi CGame; I don't mind you asking that question at all. Two Honda dealers put exactly the same amount of money in the 2005 Civic (NOT-HYBRID) $15,500.00. The difference in the two dealers was the second dealer took the 05 and paid it off so I got "Todays" monies on the allowance instead of waiting until Jan. 2006 and the Trade-In decreasing because we would be in another Yr. and the car would have more miles put on it. So they took the trade now and locked in the trade amt. and that Freed me up on the Payments of the 05 Civic that I no longer had to make. I as you can see from the figures posted did not (Include) those Savings. Also as noted I am Driving their Loaner for 3-4 months for free and as you know, what is that worth in real World Dollars if one had to pay for 3-4 Months of Rent on a Car? Dealer by the way did not push any accessories on this deal at all. I do-not ever buy a vehicle unless it has every available option on it. I like the Goodies.

So one could say that the Dealer is (RIPPING-ME-OFF) with the $300.00 DOC Fee but I think if you read this Post Closely you will come to the same conclusion that I did and that is that this dealer bent over (BACKWARDS) to assist me in this purchase and yes they are making a (Reasonable-Profit) and I would not expect anything different.

Maybe I should have also in the other Post mentioned that the dealer would have gotten me a 06 HCH alot faster than Jan. 2006 but at my request I wanted to get the 2006 Tax-Credit so I asked them to delay the delivery until Jan. 2006 so I could take the Tax Credit advantage. If they (The-Dealer) did any more for me on this deal I think that I would be a Relative or something. If all dealers did business like this dealer I do-not think that we would be reading Post that speak of $2,000.00 to $5,000.00 Mark Ups over MSRP. As we all have read here there are members here that have Paid some very serious money to be 1st in line to take delivery of their 06 HCH's.

I will have to say for all to (READ) I am extremely (PLEASED) with this Dealer and would certainly recommend them to anyone.

Regards;

Terry

Old 11-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
What? MSRP, not including delivery, is $21850 and $23350. Add $550 and you get $22400 and $23900.
Sorry, I phrased that badly. I just meant that no dealer was discounting the $550 dest fee. Dealers who said they were selling for MSRP were selling for 22400/23900. I paid 23900 (NAVI) + 45 doc + 1975 tax + 218 license/reg. I also paid $995 for the 7/120 extended warranty (they origially wanted 2000 for it until I showed them a printout of a quote I got online - thanks to a post I found here!- and they matched it). Nothing else added.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
True, but of the 35 bay area dealers I contacted, every one that charged 'MSRP' also charged the standard $550 destination fee (charged by Honda to the dealer).
Yes, I guess I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that I expected not to pay the destination charge.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:21 AM
G.H. Contributor
Question Re: What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
Sorry, I phrased that badly. I just meant that no dealer was discounting the $550 dest fee. Dealers who said they were selling for MSRP were selling for 22400/23900. I paid 23900 (NAVI) + 45 doc + 1975 tax + 218 license/reg. I also paid $995 for the 7/120 extended warranty (they origially wanted 2000 for it until I showed them a printout of a quote I got online - thanks to a post I found here!- and they matched it). Nothing else added.
Hi NASAgineer;
What about the pricing on the Ext. Warranty? Could you bring us up to Date on the Pricing and I read on your post that there is a link I think that covers that? If you know the Link would you take a minute and Post the Link. I might just purchase it this go around, I think I will have this 06 HCH for Yrs. to come. You said it was quoted 1st for $2,000.00 and you actually paid $995.00 for the 7/120 coverage. Was that through Honda or a 3rd Party Ext. Warranty Company?

Thanks;

Terry

Old 11-20-2005, 10:19 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Hi NASAgineer;
What about the pricing on the Ext. Warranty? Could you bring us up to Date on the Pricing and I read on your post that there is a link I think that covers that? If you know the Link would you take a minute and Post the Link. I might just purchase it this go around, I think I will have this 06 HCH for Yrs. to come. You said it was quoted 1st for $2,000.00 and you actually paid $995.00 for the 7/120 coverage. Was that through Honda or a 3rd Party Ext. Warranty Company?
It's the official HondaCare extended warranty. Just do a Google for 'honda care' and you'll find links for a bunch of Honda dealers that sell the EW online. The best price I found was from:

http://www.jayhondacare.com

They have the 7 year/120k miles, $0 deductible EW for $995. I printed it out and took it with me when I picked up my car and told the dealer that I would buy it from them if they matched the price. They did. I saw other quotes online for the exact same EW as high as $1600. I expect that if you walked in off the street, most dealers would ask even more.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:31 AM
MPG FANATIC WITH GUZZLERS
Default Thanks-so $25000 is about it-base.

Thanks.So as it stands it will cost someone about $25000-(cash deal) OTD to get a 2006 HCH base model in states with about 7-8% sales tax?You have to fight a bit just to get a straight MSRP deal.Thanks.Charlie

Last edited by phoebeisis; 11-21-2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Enthusiast

I found a dealer on Craigslist for $2,000 over MSRP for immediate delivery and one for MSRP, but they are another 1.5 hours away. Opal Silver was $2000 over and Silver was MSRP. I don't like the blue interior in the Silver though. Think I should jump on it? I tried to offer MSRP to them and they said they will not sell this for MSRP because it is available for immediate delivery. How much over do you think is reasonable?

Quick Reply: What are people paying for their 2006 Civic Hybrids in CA?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands